Nice Kenyon Coleman article by Randy Lange.

ARodJetsFan

Jets Think Kenyon Coleman Is 'Our Type of Guy'

Published: 04-11-07

By Randy Lange

Editor-in-Chief

One of the interesting things that can be gleaned from Kenyon Coleman's bio in last year's Cowboys media guide is that he's a philosophical fellow.

"I'm definitely a thinker," Coleman said Tuesday after his workout at the New York Jets' training facility. "I come from a Christian background. They didn't have a religion major at UCLA, so I felt philosophy was the next best thing. I'm intrigued by the different ways people look at things.

"But philosophy doesn't help too much on the field. You've got to be instinctive."

Coleman's instincts told him that it was time this year, as an unrestricted free agent, to move on from Dallas, where he had spent the past four of his five NFL seasons and had steadily grown as a 3-4 end in Bill Parcells' defensive line rotation.

In fact, Parcells told him two years ago, "This defense is for you. If you go anywhere, you need to be in a 3-4."

Coleman, who checks in at 6'5" and 295 pounds, has the build for the position. But it took him a while to develop a similar mind-set.

"At first, playing the 3-4 was foreign to me. I didn't know what to expect," he recalled. "Then the more I played it, the more I got to understand."

Maybe that philosophy degree, which he'll have after completing a few more classes, is paying dividends on the gridiron after all.

Which brings us to Coleman trading in his silver star for the white NY in the green oval

He'll be an upgrade over Kimo. Anything is. Sometimes a player has to be in a different situation to blossom.

Sort of like how Escrub isn't doing to well with his lady friend, where as if he gave some tranny a shot he might blossum. :shake:

Archived