How Good Can Breece Be This Year Behind This OL?

Rushing yards Breece will grind out this year?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Rushing yards Breece will grind out this year?

• 800 - 900 yards
    • 900 - 1000
    • 1000 - 1100
    • 1100 - 1200
    • 1200 - 1300
    • More than 1300 yards on the ground
  2. 2. How many TDs will Breece have this year?

3. 3. How many receiving yards will Breece have?

The Jets were cautious with Breece last year after coming off the injury. I fully expect him to get 300+ carries this year and another 50-60 targets in the passing game. What are your expectations for this amazing talent, with a very good OL and a QB who instills fear in DC?

Posted (edited)

Just realized that if I expect Breece to get 300+ carries, he would most likel put up more than the 1100-1200 yards. I can't undo my vote, but now projecting more than 1,300 yards.

Edited by 32EBoozer

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Just realized that if I expect Breece to get 300+ carries, he would most likel put up more than the 110011200 yards. I can't undo my vote, but now projecting more than 1,300 yards.

I'm thinking that Hall gets fewer than 300, but really close.  They will use at least 2 of the other backs on a regular basis.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

If the line holds up - skys the limit.

Otherwise- meh

That's the beauty of having Olu Fashinou & Carter Warren in case Smith or Moses get's injured. Sign another Guard for the interior.

I think he has the potential to be a 1,200+ rushing, 400-500 receiving, 10+ TD type of All-Pro level RB.

But for that to happen, he'd have to be used right, and heavily.

I do not have faith our O-Co will use him right, nor do I think the Jets will use him that heavily.

• Upvote 3

If Breece was really leaned on to carry the offense as a true lead back, I personally think he could contend for a 2000 rushing yard season. This staff probably isn’t capable of that though.

Realistically, 1400-1500 rushing, but I expect his TDs to get vultured by Rodgers in the red zone.

• Upvote 1

It’s not just the OL but the QB. We have two QBs now that are significantly better than Zach. Teams wont key in on Breece.

I think he is going to have an all-pro season if Rodgers and OL stay healthy most of the season.

1,400 yards rushing

850 yards receiving

Those are McCaffrey type numbers and he was in the MVP conversation.

• Upvote 1

If the OL hangs together, Hall could have a monstrous year. I'm not as sure the coaches give him that opportunity. Hackett has not done a great job with the RBs. Saleh's been directed to involve himself more with the offense. Will that see a return to those plodding, intentionally slowed offenses of 2021 and 2022? The draft suggests more of an RB committee approach which could limit Hall's opportunities. Will Rodgers audible out of run plays for his own ego?

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

Will Rodgers audible out of run plays for his own ego?

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

Aaron certainly likes to put the ball in the air. That said, in Rodgers last MVP season, he only had 531 pass attempts (about 15th among QBs) and GB RB's had 400+ rushing attempts. 37 TDs against 4 INT!! He obviously understands how working off the running game can benefit his stats.

I hate picking numbers because I don't want to cap anything, but I think both Breece and Garrett could have massive production this year if all goes well with AR and the OL holds up.  Feels nice having actual elite talent at skill positions.  Almost forgot what that felt like.

• Upvote 2

I’m thinking his rushing yards will be 1100-1200 because he’ll be used more in the passing game.  The pressure and need to keep a back in for pass protection won’t be as acute.  He’ll almost be able to roll into the flat at will.

4 minutes ago, TexJet said:

So we picked two highly efficient backs in the draft so we can run Hall into the ground? Don't see that happening.  Need to keep him fresh when the opportunity calls for it.

15-20 touches a game + 3-5 pass attempts

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He did pretty well with zero OLINE. He has that break out speed.  So I think we'll be looking at tons of Breece jerseys in the stands.

I’ll need there to be a second contract before I buy the jersey. I have a closet full of jerseys and the second contract never came. One year wonders.

• Post of the Week 1

Breece will definitely get 1,300+ yard in a 17 game season. I think his TDs will be 8-10 due to the other weapons we have, mainly Mike Williams and the other bruiser backs. 

Hall will get over 600 yards receiving. He lead all NFL RBs in receiving yards last year with 591. There were only two other guys in McCaffrey and White with over 500 yards out the backfield. 

He will definitely be in consideration for NFL Offensive Player of the Year. 

Christian McCaffrey '23, Justin Jefferson '22, Cooper Kupp '21 and Derrick Henry '20 and Michael Thomas '19 have been the last 5 winners. 

• Upvote 1

Lastly I'll be ready to give him a juicy extension to make him the highest paid RB in the game after this season. With the cap going up its better to lock him in after year 3. Year 4-6 could be forecast as his last super prime years. With the cap going up, he'll definitely complain on the backend regarding being underpaid. 

4 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

If the OL hangs together, Hall could have a monstrous year. I'm not as sure the coaches give him that opportunity. Hackett has not done a great job with the RBs. Saleh's been directed to involve himself more with the offense. Will that see a return to those plodding, intentionally slowed offenses of 2021 and 2022? The draft suggests more of an RB committee approach which could limit Hall's opportunities. Will Rodgers audible out of run plays for his own ego?

how many times do you think Saleh will endure being ignored?

Let's see.   I figure about 340 carries.  Last year he got his first hit on average behind the line and still led the league in yards after contact.  Imagine if they don't touch him until he crosses the line.  We should be playing with a lead more often.  They can't stack the line.  We have a couple of top blockers on that line.  Wear those defenses down in the second half.   My guess is 1400, maybe more.  At 4.5 a carry, he breaks 1500.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think he has the potential to be a 1,200+ rushing, 400-500 receiving, 10+ TD type of All-Pro level RB.

But for that to happen, he'd have to be used right, and heavily.

I do not have faith our O-Co will use him right, nor do I think the Jets will use him that heavily.

Unless Allen fumbles a lot in TC, preseason or early in the season. I think Allen will eat into Breece's carries, but I think Breece could still hit 1,300 yards rushing.  Where Allen will steal some of Breece's stats is his TDs.  I think that it's possible that Allen could be used a lot as the short yardage and Red Zone back.  I also hope that Izzy gets some play this year, especially in the 4th Qtr. after Breece, Allen, and Corley have softened them up  and tired them out in the 1st 3 Qtrs.  If so, Breece may not get 1,300 yards, but in the long run that could be better.  Breece had a lot of carries in college.  By keeping him fresher, his career could last longer, and it could also serve to keep his 2nd contract cheaper.  If Izzy makes the squad and gets some decent playing time, I think it's possible that between Breece, Allen and Izzy, the Jets could rush for somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000 yards, especially if Tyron Smith plays at least 12-15 games.  If he plays less than 10, then the Jets will have to pass more and run less.

9 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

Let's see.   I figure about 340 carries.  Last year he got his first hit on average behind the line and still led the league in yards after contact.  Imagine if they don't touch him until he crosses the line.  We should be playing with a lead more often.  They can't stack the line.  We have a couple of top blockers on that line.  Wear those defenses down in the second half.   My guess is 1400, maybe more.  At 4.5 a carry, he breaks 1500.

I'll be shocked if Breece gets anywhere near that many carries.  Allen is going to get some play unless he starts fumbling.  Hopefully, Izzy gets some play this year as well.  Between the 3 of them, I think they could rush for between 1,500 and 2,000 yards.