Jets | FO |Four Downs: AFC East

rick34125

Football Outsiders article Four Downs: AFC East, New York Jets excerpt.

For the complete article, including the other 3 AFC East teams follow this link:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2007/05/16/ramblings/four-downs/5142/

Personally, I don't think that NT is the biggest need for the Jets right now. I'm torn between either an OL or a good pass rusher. I guess the urgency of filling these spots will depend on what happens with what the Jets currently have.

Anyway, here's the excerpt...

Four Downs: AFC East

5/16/2007

by Bill Barnwell

.....New York Jets

Draft Review

While the Jets didn

Remaining Needs

A nose tackle still stands out as the most pressing concern, but the only guys still available are elder statesmen like Seth Payne and Jason Fisk. With rumors that Kendall will hold out of training camp without a new deal, the Jets have made overtures to local guard Joe Andruzzi to potentially replace Kendall if he goes elsewhere. The Jets could also use another tight end

This is so refreshing; no real big gaping holes, just a solid, mentally tough team. In years past, this article would have been ten pages long with detailed lists of needs at all sorts of player and coaching positions. Now, our largest concern is who is going to play the back up NT role in obvious run situations. Friends, that is a nice problem to have IMHO. J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

Archived