Report: Kobe talks to Buss, wants trade

JetNation

Im not sure if Im happy or not...

On one hand... my team has a shot at landing the best player in the NBA... on the other hand they have a really good team as it is and would need to give up a lot... and then risk having the same talent level as the Lakers do and getting nowhere...

I would like to see this deal...

Bulls get:

Kobe

A filler player or 2

Lakers get:

Gordon

Thomas

#9 pick

filler player

Im not sure if Im happy or not...

On one hand... my team has a shot at landing the best player in the NBA... on the other hand they have a really good team as it is and would need to give up a lot... and then risk having the same talent level as the Lakers do and getting nowhere...

I would like to see this deal...

Bulls get:

Kobe

A filler player or 2

Lakers get:

Gordon

Thomas

#9 pick

filler player

Ben Wallace or Deng have to be included in this situation, no question about it.

Scenario 1

Arenas isn't Kobe, in talent or stardom. But he is from Los Angeles, he's more than three years younger, he has great magnetism and, like Bryant, he can fill the seats.

With Arenas saying he'll opt out of his contract with Washington next summer, the Wizards might want to start looking at ways to move him now before running the risk of losing him for nothing.

Here's one potential trade, with Bryant headed to Chicago and Arenas to L.A.

The Bulls would send Gordon, Tyrus Thomas and P.J. Brown (sign-and-trade) to Washington, and the No. 9 pick to L.A.

The Lakers would send Bryant to Chicago.

The Wizards would send Arenas and Etan Thomas to L.A.

Under that scenario, which couldn't be completed until mid-July, the Lakers would get a star player (Arenas) and a high draft pick (No. 9) which, I'm told, they'd use to get Yi Jianlian if he's still on the board.

The Bulls would be paying a very high price for Kobe -- two high lottery picks and this year's No. 9. But the Bulls would keep Deng, something they desperately want to do. On the other hand, they still wouldn't have a low-post scorer.

The Wizards would avoid having to break the bank for Arenas next summer, would bring in two very talented young players and would get some serious cap relief down the road.

Scenario 2

A similar trade could work if the Lakers were willing to substitute Boston and Paul Pierce. While Pierce is almost 30 years old, I'm told the Lakers like him -- and he's from L.A. too.

The Bulls would send Gordon, Tyrus Thomas and P.J. Brown (sign-and-trade) to Boston, and the No. 9 pick to L.A.

The Lakers would send Bryant to Chicago.

The Celtics would send Pierce to L.A.

That deal would make the Celtics even younger than they already are, but it would also give them plenty of assets to continue making deals.

From ESPN

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&id=2906327

I don't think Arenas and the 9th pick overall is good enough for Kobe, I think the Lakers need to concentrate on the Bulls, they are the only team who have value.

The Bulls need to keep Deng though...

Hinrich

Kobe

Deng

just... wow

Deng has a bright future, I wouldn't do that trade at all.

Deng is going to be a force in the east... he was already close this season...

The Bulls would only do the deal if they could have Hinrich/Kobe/Deng... IMO

Archived