Jets | Bobby Hamilton turning 36

rick34125

Hamilton Puts 13th Season on the Front Burner

Published: 06-19-07

By Randy Lange

http://www.newyorkjets.com/articles/hamilton-puts-13th-season-on-the-front-burner

Bobby Hamilton will turn 36 in two weeks, but he still can cook.

"Glenn Foley had a recipe book when he was here," the ageless defensive end said, recalling the charity venture of the Jets' red-headed quarterback of the late Nineties. "All the players put their recipes in, and I had my deep-fried turkey recipe. It's a great feeling to have one of those in a book like that."

Especially tasty for Hamilton, who's a bit of a chef in his spare time. A friend of his opened Mike's Kitchen in Homestead, Fla., and "Dawg" jumped in as a partner. Hamilton also specializes in serving up soul food and seafood, such as fish gumbo, crab legs and crawfish

Hamilton was key on several fourth quarter plays.... He's a motivator, and does a good job. He's a situational player, normally just in our goal-line, and 4-3 sets late in the game, but I like Hamilton much better than Kimo as a veteran keepover. Better than not doing a good job; he never does a bad job. He's consistant. He always plays to his ability.

Hamilton was key on several fourth quarter plays.... He's a motivator, and does a good job. He's a situational player, normally just in our goal-line, and 4-3 sets late in the game, but I like Hamilton much better than Kimo as a veteran keepover. Better than not doing a good job; he never does a bad job. He's consistant. He always plays to his ability.

He teaches the young folks a couple of things too.

what really impressed me about Bobby was his leadership-it's a word thrown out there a lot by fans but you actually SAW him being a leader in pre-game warm-ups at Miami Christmas night.He went around and slapped hands or hugged every single player and coach-psyching his teammates up

Archived