The Jets front office has yet 2 lock up K.Rhodes into a long term contract...

Why do people compare Vilma to Lewis so much? Is it just because they both went to the U (and therefore both have atypical views of what should & shouldn't be legal)? Lewis is a different player with a LOT more power. Neither one is particularly tall at 6'1. But at 250 lbs and still fast, Lewis (particularly in his prime) was a far more dangerous weapon than Vilma. Lightning-fast AND power is not the same as just lightning-fast alone. The guy was just about the best defender at any position in football back when. Just this past year, Vilma wasn't even the best inside linebacker on the Jets alone.

I think we should keep Vilma if Eric Coleman & Eric Smith both don't work out & he's willing to move to SS. Because this defense isn't changing. Unless a dominant 3-man front appears on this team, his value is overrated here.

A great player those around him better. He doesn't need excuses & nor the blaming of everyone else around him for not making him great. He's simply not in the same situation Donnie Edwards was in with San Diego. THAT is a much better comparison than Lewis in my opinion.

I would be shocked if we gave Vilma an extension beyond his rookie contract.

Archived