Who ya got this year???

ShadowJet35

In NCAA football, I gotta go for Michigan, they have Chad Henne and Mike Hart both coming back, with Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington at wideout.

They got back Jake Long at tackle and Shawn Crable at LB, that core along with several key players can take them all the way, I don't know if the Ranking will allow them to get all the way but I think they can climb the polls and get a shot this year..

Yeah yeah, I know it's early but I can't wait for football season.

I'm a Michigan fan and would love to see them win the National Championship, but as long as Lloyd Carr is manning the sideline, I just can't see us winning it all. It may not even be Carr, it could just be the team. It seems as if Michigan just cannot win the big game and I don't think Chad Henne is a championship level calibear Quarterback.

I'm a Michigan fan and would love to see them win the National Championship, but as long as Lloyd Carr is manning the sideline, I just can't see us winning it all. It may not even be Carr, it could just be the team. It seems as if Michigan just cannot win the big game and I don't think Chad Henne is a championship level calibear Quarterback.

Chad Henne is a helluva QB but considering the fact that the only real times I see him play is when he plays primetime my opinion isn't worth anything compared to yours but I think that given the talent around him I cannot say why he COULDN'T win the big one, but he did do pretty bad against USC.

Chad Henne is a helluva QB but considering the fact that the only real times I see him play is when he plays primetime my opinion isn't worth anything compared to yours but I think that given the talent around him I cannot say why he COULDN'T win the big one, but he did do pretty bad against USC.

Yes he did and still hasn't beaten Ohio State, so that doesn't help him in my eyes either.

Yes he did and still hasn't beaten Ohio State, so that doesn't help him in my eyes either.

Wow, I'm an outsider to the whole OSU-Michigan thing but is it that big a rivalry where a QB is disliked and doubted just because he doesn't win that one game?

Wow, I'm an outsider to the whole OSU-Michigan thing but is it that big a rivalry where a QB is disliked and doubted just because he doesn't win that one game?

Pretty much. A lot of Quaterback's have come and gone in the Michigan / Ohio State rivalry and if you can't beat the other team, your history at your school will always have that little asterik next to it.

I like Henne, I really do, I want him to succeed, just don't think he can become a championship Quarterback for Michigan, and its not just based on what he has done in the Michigan - Ohio State games. Any big game he seems to go into a shell, but that could be the fault of Lloyd Carr and his love to run Hart into the ground, who knows. Whenever its a big game, I understand you go to your workhorse Running Back if you're lucky enough to have one, but god damn it could be the lack of chances for Henne that hurts him.

I don't know, we'll see, I hope we win it all, just after 3 years I still don't know what to feel when it comes to Chad Henne.

GO BLUE!

Pretty much. A lot of Quaterback's have come and gone in the Michigan / Ohio State rivalry and if you can't beat the other team, your history at your school will always have that little asterik next to it.

I like Henne, I really do, I want him to succeed, just don't think he can become a championship Quarterback for Michigan, and its not just based on what he has done in the Michigan - Ohio State games. Any big game he seems to go into a shell, but that could be the fault of Lloyd Carr and his love to run Hart into the ground, who knows. Whenever its a big game, I understand you go to your workhorse Running Back if you're lucky enough to have one, but god damn it could be the lack of chances for Henne that hurts him.

I don't know, we'll see, I hope we win it all, just after 3 years I still don't know what to feel when it comes to Chad Henne.

GO BLUE!

Alright, next....

hate to be a Jersey Homer, but Rutgers...

Mike Teel has another season under his belt, and with Tiquan Underwood, tiny Tim Brown, Ray Rice (Heisman winner), Kenny Britt, Dennis Campbell, at wideout.

Sosa, Fladell, and Anthony Davis on the line blocking.

And their defense which was suspect last year should be solid, with Renkart, Manny Abreu, Eric Foster, Jamaal Westerman, and Giriault and Greene back at safety.

They have all necesary pieces and with their passionate fan base I can't see why they won't.

• 2 weeks later...

For what? A BCS game? Rutgers will never play in the National Championship Game and once again is going to have to ride Rice because Mike Teel is not a good Quarterback; he is way too inconsistent.

For what? A BCS game? Rutgers will never play in the National Championship Game and once again is going to have to ride Rice because Mike Teel is not a good Quarterback; he is way too inconsistent.

Teel is a bit inconsistent but to see he has no shot at being a good QB...:rolleyes:

Rutgers has like 8 home games this year and no dominant teams except West Virginia and Louisville on the schedule- they should do well recordwise-

Recordwise, and if the NCAA comes to their senses they should allow rutgers a shot.

given that shot, I feel that rutgers can capitalize.

LSU. I got 'em every year.

I would call you a homer, but LSU is poised to make a respectable run, the only thing in the way, that 12 team 5 month brawl called the SEC. but they have enough talent, Early Douccet is going to be a first round pick, Matt Flynn will successfully fill the rather large (literally large) shoes of Jamarcus Russell, and a Massive O-Line manned by Will Arnold, also a future first rounder, Alley Broussard is not to shabby either, so given that talent, and Les Miles' leadership, they can put together some wins and can get a shot.

Archived