Devils sign Zubrus

madmike1

I'm not going to go crazy just yet for a guy who has scored 20 goals OUTSIDE the Devils system ONCE in his career...meaning he is a 15 goal scorer, 25 asst. guy IN their system. excuse me if I don't blow my load just yet.

I'm not going to go crazy just yet for a guy who has scored 20 goals OUTSIDE the Devils system ONCE in his career...meaning he is a 15 goal scorer, 25 asst. guy IN their system. excuse me if I don't blow my load just yet.

This is why toon88 is my favorite Devils fan. He doesn't just spew out "Rangers Suck" 25 times a night, he knows what he's talking about.

I don't really see what your hang-up is with bl owing your load. ;)

And the Devils are gonna need more than Zubrus to make up for what they've already lost.

Disagree with you. He's a big strong 2 way player who has been getting better every year and he cost less than half of what Gomez would've. The devils are getting bigger and more physical all over the ice which is very good.

Disagree with you. He's a big strong 2 way player who has been getting better every year and he cost less than half of what Gomez would've. The devils are getting bigger and more physical all over the ice which is very good.

Zubrus has been in the league for almost 10 years- getting better every year?

Zubrus has been in the league for almost 10 years- getting better every year?
This is a guy who was rushed into the NHL and was a very good player (better than his numbers) for the best team in the east during the regular season last year.

looks like they are on the verge of bringing Souray back. excellent move. in no way does he make up for the loss of Rafalski, but he is a big defenseman that adds depth to their blue line. good move.

Yea and there are trade rumors all over the place. The Devils could look very different next year.

If Rafalski is replaced with Souray I view that as an upgrade. Rafalski wasn't very good at all last year and he's 33 years old. He's a big reason the devils PP was extreamly inconsistant and we gave up the most SHG's in the NHL. Very unDevil like...

Hockey is very different than baseball. Even if they did Zubrus had FOUR less points than Gomez last year. FOUR.

True. Of course that was his career high point total while Gomez had one of his weaker years last year. Gomez will also be playing on a line with Jaromir Jagr now.

It seems Zubrus ceiling is about 20-25 goals and 60 points.

True. Of course that was his career high point total while Gomez had one of his weaker years last year. Gomez will also be playing on a line with Jaromir Jagr now.

It seems Zubrus ceiling is about 20-25 goals and 60 points.

And Zubrus will be playing with some combination of Elias Gionta and Parise who are all prolific scorers. Just like gomez was mediocre last year playing with Elias and Gionta.

I agree here that Zubrus will have an outstanding year playing between Elias & Gionta. However I don't feel that if they do bring Souray back, that he is an upgrade over Rafalski. I like Souray alot, and was dissapointed when he left, but Rafalski had a bad year last year, as did most of the blue-liners. While Souray adds size, we still will miss that puck handling defensmen that can carry the puck the length of the ice, like Rafalski and Neidermeyer before him.

I agree here that Zubrus will have an outstanding year playing between Elias & Gionta. However I don't feel that if they do bring Souray back, that he is an upgrade over Rafalski. I like Souray alot, and was dissapointed when he left, but Rafalski had a bad year last year, as did most of the blue-liners. While Souray adds size, we still will miss that puck handling defensmen that can carry the puck the length of the ice, like Rafalski and Neidermeyer before him.

They have missed that since Nides left. rafalski wasn't very good last year and he's 33 not 28...

Archived