OT - Superman: The Return - ARE THEY NUTS-THIS IS SUPERMAN?!

BaumerJet

superman.jpg

He looks like David Schwimmer in a Super Suit!!

Plus the "S" is too small!

This is what he's supposed to look like!

81Superman_Poster_v1.jpg

I think that Brian Singer may have made the wrong move in leaving the X-men legacy to jump on this production - We'll all find out next June!

I am counting down the time...1 year, 34 days...etc, lol.

I am not too worried at this point. The suit seems a bit off yes, but I think Bryan Singer is going to do a great job with this film. He is a Superman fan himself so I have confidence he will make Super-fans like myself happy with the movie.

All will work out for the best, have faith.

:D

BTW, your timing on this post is almost scary...I just finished reading Adventures of Superman #640 and then log on to see your post....Weird man!!

I am counting down the time...1 year, 34 days...etc, lol.

I am not too worried at this point. The suit seems a bit off yes, but I think Bryan Singer is going to do a great job with this film. He is a Superman fan himself so I have confidence he will make Super-fans like myself happy with the movie.

All will work out for the best, have faith.

:D

BTW, your timing on this post is almost scary...I just finished reading Adventures of Superman #640 and then log on to see your post....Weird man!!

Hey, is it my fault that Waverider just finished with me?

Strange possible future though - I never knew that I would be banned to an Island with nothing but AMAZON WOMEN & just me as their Sex slave! :^o:mrgreen:

I have to agree with both of you. Yes they should have moved TV's Clark Kent into the Superman Movie. However, I have a little bit of an "INSIDE" rumor dealing with the Man Of Steel & a certain Cameo in BATMAN BEGINS this summer. If it's correct, look for 2 Supermen in the Movies for the next few years!

I have to agree with both of you. Yes they should have moved TV's Clark Kent into the Superman Movie. However, I have a little bit of an "INSIDE" rumor dealing with the Man Of Steel & a certain Cameo in BATMAN BEGINS this summer. If it's correct, look for 2 Supermen in the Movies for the next few years!

Bryan Singer signed a mutual contract with WB not to violate any of the Smallville storylines, but that also goes into effect for the show as well. That means NO Tom Welling, or any other character that is part of the show. It's better this way, because there needs to be a clear boundary between the TV series and the movie.

I have also heard there will be a Superman Returns trailer before Batman Begins also. Probably will be a short "teaser" type, but will be good to see.

Bryan Singer signed a mutual contract with WB not to violate any of the Smallville storylines, but that also goes into effect for the show as well. That means NO Tom Welling, or any other character that is part of the show. It's better this way, because there needs to be a clear boundary between the TV series and the movie.

I have also heard there will be a Superman Returns trailer before Batman Begins also. Probably will be a short "teaser" type, but will be good to see.

That makes perfect sense and I wouldn't expect Tom Welling to show up anywhere near the movie franchise.

I just think, although young, he was a perfect cast.

Not sure about Brandon Routh, we'll see.

Baumer, have faith in Brian Singer. I'm betting he won't disappoint.

That makes perfect sense and I wouldn't expect Tom Welling to show up anywhere near the movie franchise.

I just think, although young, he was a perfect cast.

Not sure about Brandon Routh, we'll see.

Baumer, have faith in Brian Singer. I'm betting he won't disappoint.

I hope so. Especially since it was the "ORIGINATOR" Richard Donner who was supposed to be the 1st director before McG... ET AL.

Singer was working on the plot for X-3 when Donner's Daughter & X-MEN executive Producer Lauren Shuler-Donner talked about the fact that her dad was considering returning to the Red & Blue - Singer Jumped at the chance to direct the NEXT 3 FILMS, to which he has committed to Warner Bros.

I can only hope that he doesn't "SHUMACKER" the whole thing up!

Now, as for the "KENT" appearance in "BATMAN BEGINS." Yes, that's right, Kryptonsite & ComicBookMovie.com had rummored & Warner Bros did confirm that a character named only "KENT" would appear in the last few moments of the film, played by Smallville's Tom Whelling.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/1389.asp

I just hope he didn't wind up on the cutting room floor like Liam Nissen did in EP3!

Verde,

I was glad to read that you understand the whole reasoning behind keeping Welling and Company away from this Superman film. There are several reasons:

First of all, Welling plays a young CLARK KENT, not Superman...people fail to realize that this is the story of the young man growing up who is coming into his own; at this point Superman does not exist...you say that name and people would be like "Who?"

Also I think its bad to mix TV personalities with their counterparts on the big screen....the Clark Kent (Welling) character would not do justice to the Superman (Brandon Routh) character because they are totally different. From what I read this film does show his origins, his landings in Kansas, but then proceeds to his career as a journalist and Superman.

Two totally different storylines. :D

I hope so. Especially since it was the "ORIGINATOR" Richard Donner who was supposed to be the 1st director before McG... ET AL.

Singer was working on the plot for X-3 when Donner's Daughter & X-MEN executive Producer Lauren Shuler-Donner talked about the fact that her dad was considering returning to the Red & Blue - Singer Jumped at the chance to direct the NEXT 3 FILMS, to which he has committed to Warner Bros.

I can only hope that he doesn't "SHUMACKER" the whole thing up!

Now, as for the "KENT" appearance in "BATMAN BEGINS." Yes, that's right, Kryptonsite & ComicBookMovie.com had rummored & Warner Bros did confirm that a character named only "KENT" would appear in the last few moments of the film, played by Smallville's Tom Whelling.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/1389.asp

I just hope he didn't wind up on the cutting room floor like Liam Nissen did in EP3!

Interesting, and a good way to pull in Smallville fans. Smart.

My personal opinion but I think Singer is a better director than Donner(incidentally related to my ex art director)

I'm disappointed that Singer did not finish XMen.

Verde,

I was glad to read that you understand the whole reasoning behind keeping Welling and Company away from this Superman film. There are several reasons:

First of all, Welling plays a young CLARK KENT, not Superman...people fail to realize that this is the story of the young man growing up who is coming into his own; at this point Superman does not exist...you say that name and people would be like "Who?"

Also I think its bad to mix TV personalities with their counterparts on the big screen....the Clark Kent (Welling) character would not do justice to the Superman (Brandon Routh) character because they are totally different. From what I read this film does show his origins, his landings in Kansas, but then proceeds to his career as a journalist and Superman.

Two totally different storylines. :D

Completely different.

Smallville is so loosely based on the original anyway, correct?

Completely different.

Smallville is so loosely based on the original anyway, correct?

The smallville story is pretty much taken from the comics and novels. Of course the idea that it takes place in present day Kansas is a twist, kind of copying what the Lois & Clark series did.

Interesting, and a good way to pull in Smallville fans. Smart.

My personal opinion but I think Singer is a better director than Donner(incidentally related to my ex art director)

I'm disappointed that Singer did not finish XMen.

I am too, especially since the direction is to begin the "Dark Phoenix Saga."

He shouldn't have left us with another director. Unless of course that director understands Comics.

Hopefully Matthew Vaughn understands that.

Well, we'll get an Idea of both films Next Summer!

I am too, especially since the direction is to begin the "Dark Phoenix Saga."

He shouldn't have left us with another director. Unless of course that director understands Comics.

Hopefully Matthew Vaughn understands that.

Well, we'll get an Idea of both films Next Summer!

Here's an interesting read on Vaughn/XMen3...

http://actionadventure.about.com/od/xmen3/p/aavaughnX3prev.htm

• 1 month later...

A new pic surfaced today on the superman homepage. Looks like a shot that will have special effects added later.

Glad to see the "S" shield looks a little more like the regular size here...perhaps it will actually be more like the traditional one on the suit Reeve wore.

routhsupesclose.jpg

A new pic surfaced today on the superman homepage. Looks like a shot that will have special effects added later.

Glad to see the "S" shield looks a little more like the regular size here...perhaps it will actually be more like the traditional one on the suit Reeve wore.

routhsupesclose.jpg

routhsupesclose.jpg

Brandon is just not doin' it for me.disgust.gif

routhsupesclose.jpg

Brandon is just not doin' it for me.disgust.gif

Archived