Rangers sign Lundqvist

lawngnome o-line

The Rangers signed Henrik Lundqvist today to a 1 year deal. My guess they did that through arbitration.

They still have Sean Avery who they anticipate to sign through arbitration and then after that I doubt they could fit anyone else under the salary cap.

Great signings in general as this could be an exciting year for the rangers.

I think they signed him to arbitration and a working on a multi-year deal. Of course they're going to do all they can to lock him up long-term.

They know they have to lock him long term-this was done to stop someone from throwing a offer sheet at him they would be forced to match I think.

They know they have to lock him long term-this was done to stop someone from throwing a offer sheet at him they would be forced to match I think.

Yeah, it's just a short-term security blanket so they can focus solely on giving him a long contract. Well, focusing on that and resigning Sean Avery.

One year for now but they have to work on getting a mult-year deal for him to lock him up.

:good: I would think he's a MUST keep player on the Rangers. Looks like they are doing a lot of things right this off season. Unlike the Sabres and NYI. I feel for Teddy right now.

Without Henrik, the '06-'07 Rangers do not make the playoffs. Heck, they wouldn't have been close. You can have all the offense in the world but solid goaltending is a must.

Lundqvist is a MUST to keep, and hopefully soon the Rangers award him with a 5-to-7 year deal.

Without Henrik, the '06-'07 Rangers do not make the playoffs. Heck, they wouldn't have been close. You can have all the offense in the world but solid goaltending is a must.

Lundqvist is a MUST to keep, and hopefully soon the Rangers award him with a 5-to-7 year deal.

I have no doubt they will lock him up long term-Sather knows he must do it.

Archived