Since its not leap year.....

Brenjetsfan

I wanted to wish my man Kevin a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Kev signed with the Jets as a unrestricted free agent on February 29, 1998. Selected by the Seattle Seahawks in the second round (36th overall) of the 1994 Draft.

Started all 16 games at center for the ninth season in a row, running his consecutive games started streak to 155 games, including all 96 games since signing with the Jets in 1998. No TWEAKS either.

He also earned his fifth start in the Pro Bowl in as many years.

PRO

Has earned five consecutive Pro Bowl (1999-2003) starts for the AFC squad.

Made a smooth transition from RG to Center during his rookie campaign with Seattle, and has started the past 155 games (59 with Seattle and 96 with the Jets).

COLLEGE

A four-year starter for Louisiana State University, selected second-team all-SEC by the Associated Press and SEC coaches as a senior.

Moved from LT to Center for all 11 games his senior year.

Was a first-team all-SEC choice as a sophomore, playing three different positions - LT (eight games), Center (three games), and LG (one game).

PERSONAL

Kevin and his wife, Traci, have a son, Kirkland, and a daughter, Abigail.

Born in Savannah, Georgia, but moved to Louisiana and earned all-state and all-academic honors at Leesville HS in Leesville, Louisiana.

Serves as a spokesman and an advocate for The David Center for Autism research and has co-founded a program entitled "Dollars For Touchdowns" in which all the members of the Jets' offensive line contribute money for each offensive TD scored during the season.

He will be hosting his annual TASTE of the NFL in May where you can go and enjoy the best chefs most spectacular foods and meet a few of the players. Last year I was his HIGH bidder and was able to obtain his personal game worn autographed jersey, home an away. 2 tickets to an away game of my choice and his helmet. ITS an awesome time and I look forward to it again this year.

Kev signed with the Jets as a unrestricted free agent on February 29, 1998. Selected by the Seattle Seahawks in the second round (36th overall) of the 1994 Draft.

Started all 16 games at center for the ninth season in a row, running his consecutive games started streak to 155 games, including all 96 games since signing with the Jets in 1998. No TWEAKS either.

He also earned his fifth start in the Pro Bowl in as many years.

PRO

Has earned five consecutive Pro Bowl (1999-2003) starts for the AFC squad.

Made a smooth transition from RG to Center during his rookie campaign with Seattle, and has started the past 155 games (59 with Seattle and 96 with the Jets).

COLLEGE

A four-year starter for Louisiana State University, selected second-team all-SEC by the Associated Press and SEC coaches as a senior.

Moved from LT to Center for all 11 games his senior year.

Was a first-team all-SEC choice as a sophomore, playing three different positions - LT (eight games), Center (three games), and LG (one game).

PERSONAL

Kevin and his wife, Traci, have a son, Kirkland, and a daughter, Abigail.

Born in Savannah, Georgia, but moved to Louisiana and earned all-state and all-academic honors at Leesville HS in Leesville, Louisiana.

Serves as a spokesman and an advocate for The David Center for Autism research and has co-founded a program entitled "Dollars For Touchdowns" in which all the members of the Jets' offensive line contribute money for each offensive TD scored during the season.

He will be hosting his annual TASTE of the NFL in May where you can go and enjoy the best chefs most spectacular foods and meet a few of the players. Last year I was his HIGH bidder and was able to obtain his personal game worn autographed jersey, home an away. 2 tickets to an away game of my choice and his helmet. ITS an awesome time and I look forward to it again this year.

Bren,

Why do you like a dirty player who cheats?

Bren,

DIRTY PLAYERS??? I LOVE rough tough MEN that have a set of (foot)balls....CHEAT? No ...that would be the married men who do that, but not my HOLY'er then vow Kev. He would not even kiss hello on the lips! He is soooo FAITHFUL to his wife. Whom I have met and she is very tall, I mean Nice!

Bren,

Short, to the point, and a good question.

Actually I don't know if he cheats per se: sure he uses illegal blocks but so do plenty of linemen. It's a bit like hard fouling in the NBA or hiting batters with pitches in baseball: it's not cheating really, it's just against the rules.

The real question is, why would anyone like a player who hurts people on purpose? Like, substantial career-threatening injuries?

Love Mawae's attitude btw, every quote I've heard from him and everything I've seen suggests he's 100% effort, hard work, and teamwork guy who gets it: even though he wears green he's really a New Enngland Patriot type player.

If he'd stop doing dirty blocks and trying to break peoples legs I'd want him on my team in a heartbeat.

Short, to the point, and a good question.

Actually I don't know if he cheats per se: sure he uses illegal blocks but so do plenty of linemen. It's a bit like hard fouling in the NBA or hiting batters with pitches in baseball: it's not cheating really, it's just against the rules.

The real question is, why would anyone like a player who hurts people on purpose? Like, substantial career-threatening injuries?

Perhaps I should ask Joe Thiesman that question and get back to you, handsome..BTW its not CHEATING its DEVIATING....wanna make out?

Perhaps I should ask Joe Thiesman that question and get back to you, handsome..BTW its not CHEATING its DEVIATING....wanna make out?

Heh, yeah I wouldn't call Lawrence Taylor a clean player either....

Though I guess in the case of both LT and Mawae I'd want 'em on my team anyway--- just wouldn't feel good about it.

as for the making out, tempting, but I'll take a raincheck.

(Gentlemen, that raincheck is now for sale to the highest bidder. Bidding will start at $100 and I will not accept the "Republic of TomShane bucks" that TS keeps peddling, American Dollars ONLY.)

Kev signed with the Jets as a unrestricted free agent on February 29, 1998.

Ok... sorry to ask you this Bren but since when was 1998 a leap year???? If it was...I am sooo bummed i missed that extra day...:( I thought there was one in 1996 and 2000...?

Am i wrong???? :lol:

Ok... sorry to ask you this Bren but since when was 1998 a leap year???? If it was...I am sooo bummed i missed that extra day...:( I thought there was one in 1996 and 2000...?

Am i wrong???? :lol:

I guess the NFL NY Jets have there date wrong. Its on his bio....which I read EVERY DAY! I will give Paul Tags a call today and get it fixed. :P

I guess the NFL NY Jets have there date wrong. Its on his bio....which I read EVERY DAY! I will give Paul Tags a call today and get it fixed. :P

too funny Bren...i kept reading that and saying ...hmmm i thought that 2000 was a leap year...LOL... I think the JETS might need a mathematician on their staff... could you put a good word in for me? ;)

1) How can the fans of any team with Rodney Harrison on it point at any other organization and scoff at them having a "dirty" player? HMMM?

2) Mawae was an even bigger signing for the Jets than Curtis Martin was. He is the sole tough guy (now, with Kendall) on the offense, and has carried that mantle for a long time.

3) RS, Republic of TomShane bucks are HUGE in Cambodia, Swertzegovia and Camden, NJ. Don't SCOFF at that, buddy!

Archived