Vilma talks about the defense in an interview

Kentucky Jet

http://images.nfl.com/video/homepage/2006/0712-2.ram

Buzz: Jonathan Vilma on NFLN “We should be better”

Jonathan Vilma was in studio with the NFL Network recently, see the interview here on the NFL.com website. Vilma answered a bunch of questions, specifically around the new faces, the defense some other information. Here’s what Vilma said about the defense.

“Defensively, really just to improve. You know, we statistically were average [during the 2006 season], or a little bit below average, but I feel that we played better than that. Especially for us to go 10-6. We had to be good defensively to win some games. So, that I feel for us to improve, not only statistically, but to a man, it’ll be our second year in the 3-4 / 4-3 whatever you want to call it, so for us to get used to each other getting used to the defense, we should be better.”

Yea its only a 5 minute video and not too bad. It seems he always makes the rounds on both NFL Network and ESPN doing interviews like its his job.

Great for personal exposure, but he doesn't speak like someone who doesn't have an education. More often than not (have to include the Vick dog-fighting situation in here) Vilma represents our team well.

Yea its only a 5 minute video and not too bad. It seems he always makes the rounds on both NFL Network and ESPN doing interviews like its his job.

Great for personal exposure, but he doesn't speak like someone who doesn't have an education. More often than not (have to include the Vick dog-fighting situation in here) Vilma represents our team well.

I agree but I thought that he looked bigger then last year. That is my immediate concern. I hope he has a great year for us! But the man does represent the Jets superbly. Go Jets!

Archived