PS3 will be the lead platform for Madden 09'

ECURB

This is a TV interview at the E3 event so I have no link...

But Jack Tretton of SONY apparently has convinced EA Sports to make the PS3 the primary console for Madden 09'... EA is not confirming or denying this...

It makes sense... most developers have now said its much easier to port down from the PS3's complicated hardware to the 360's easy hardware... and SONY is teaming up with EPIC (the guys who created Gears of War) to optimize the Unreal Engine for the PS3 so that games can be created FOR the PS3 and then ported to the 360...

This way works best because developers can make a game with less compression and more freedom on the PS3, them compress it down to fit on the 360 later...

But Jack Tretton of SONY apparently has convinced EA Sports to make the PS3 the primary console for Madden 09'... EA is not confirming or denying this...

convinced meaning

sony exect to EA exec:"Hey EA, here is 5 million dollars to hold off on 360 development for 6 months."

The whole exclusivity thing is just so bogus, unless you talk about truly exclusive games like halo, zelda, mario bros, Gran Tourismo, etc. And with the skyrocketing costs of producing these games and the % of production costs for porting decreasing because of it, you are going to see much less exclusive games, it just does not make sense to not make the game multi platform.

If madden 09 does go exclusive, i can not imagine it would be for more then 1-2 months, not nearly long enough to really matter.

lol it was terrible the last couple years

Looks like they fixed it this year though...

The worst part is, Madden knows it sucked, and decided to buy out the ESPN series, I had PS2 and could honestly say that NFL 2k5 was one of the best football games to be made, imagine how nice that would be on the next gen systems.

convinced meaning

sony exect to EA exec:"Hey EA, here is 5 million dollars to hold off on 360 development for 6 months."

The whole exclusivity thing is just so bogus, unless you talk about truly exclusive games like halo, zelda, mario bros, Gran Tourismo, etc. And with the skyrocketing costs of producing these games and the % of production costs for porting decreasing because of it, you are going to see much less exclusive games, it just does not make sense to not make the game multi platform.

If madden 09 does go exclusive, i can not imagine it would be for more then 1-2 months, not nearly long enough to really matter.

I didnt say exclusive... I said the PS3 would be the lead platform.. (thats what the 360 was last year and this year)... it means they will develop the game for the PS3 and port it to the 360...

He's saying the truth; clearing up the matter. Joe baby interpeted it wrong, what was ecurb suposed to do, agree with him? :confused:

No reason to get angry here dueshbag, I was asking an honest question, he knows alot about the PS3 and gives the kind of proof and numbers that only an employee can give.

No reason to get angry here dueshbag, I was asking an honest question, he knows alot about the PS3 and gives the kind of proof and numbers that only an employee can give.

Actually I am a PS3... :lol:

It makes sense... most developers have now said its much easier to port down from the PS3's complicated hardware to the 360's easy hardware... and SONY is teaming up with EPIC (the guys who created Gears of War) to optimize the Unreal Engine for the PS3 so that games can be created FOR the PS3 and then ported to the 360...

This way works best because developers can make a game with less compression and more freedom on the PS3, them compress it down to fit on the 360 later...

Yet another reason to wait till next year to buy a PS3. Thanks for the heads up. Seems like everything for the PS3 is geared toward the future in 08 and not at the present time.

Yet another reason to wait till next year to buy a PS3. Thanks for the heads up. Seems like everything for the PS3 is geared toward the future in 08 and not at the present time.

Crazy to invest in the future... I know... :lol:

Archived