Buying Authentic NFL jerseys

I hate when I run into a player and I have a non-authentic jersey on. It is like, so embarassing. I will never forget the day I met Chrebet and I wasn't authentic. Totally just kill me.

I hate when I run into a player and I have a non-authentic jersey on. It is like, so embarassing. I will never forget the day I met Chrebet and I wasn't authentic. Totally just kill me.

Would you rather wear Authentic when you can it get for CHEAPER or nearly the same price as a Replica? That is exactly why a store like this was made. The owner is a down to earth guy and I would definitely recommend looking into it. He will be getting tons of new jerseys come late August / early September, for Football.

Also sells Basketball and Baseball jerseys and soon will have Hockey and Nascar things.

So, I'm sick & tired of replica's and outside of the Darrelle Revis I bought after he was drafted, my last few jerseys that I bought have been authentic. Well, today I was in town after picking up my paycheck and stumbled across this little sports store. Well I go inside and talk to the owner, who let me in even though he was closed, and checked out the prices. Here's basically how they go.

Authentic Current players: $70

Authentic Old School players $100-170

Awesome prices, seeing how the Mitchell & Ness jerseys (which these all are for Old School players) are always on sale for $250-400. Modern day players at NewYorkJets.com, NFLShop.com and other places are what? $200? This guy has some great prices.

So anyway, I ended up buying a 1984 Wesley Walker jersey for $120. $120 is a great deal I think and I have offered to hand out his card at a Jets game or two this season since his store has only been opened since Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving).

He has his store located up in Wantage (Sussex County), New Jersey but also has a website.

Here's some information:

SCOTT'S SPORTS WEAR

18 Main street, Sussex NJ

973-702-9662

www.scottsportswear.com

So he is selling authentic jersey that cost 200 at nfl.com for 70 bucks? Dude, you are buying knockoffs. The NFL has extremely strict pricing controls on their licensed merchendise, and the knockoff market is gigantic for all types of sports jerseys because they can easily be made very cheap. Heck, this morning a guy posted spam here with his knockoff nike's. The wholesale market where you can find all these jerseys is generally between 27th and 30rth street from 6th ave to broadway.

So he is selling authentic jersey that cost 200 at nfl.com for 70 bucks? Dude, you are buying knockoffs. The NFL has extremely strict pricing controls on their licensed merchendise, and the knockoff market is gigantic for all types of sports jerseys because they can easily be made very cheap. Heck, this morning a guy posted spam here with his knockoff nike's. The wholesale market where you can find all these jerseys is generally between 27th and 30rth street from 6th ave to broadway.

He gets good prices for these jerseys and they're authentics. He is able to sell them for the prices he does because he is able to buy them so cheaply. He buys in the city, maybe the places where you list, but the jerseys look, feel and everything Authentic. They do not look like some authentic jerseys on Ebay that just look like crap and was made in a basement somewhere. Good jerseys. Good deals. F screen printed. I want stiched and authentic.

He gets good prices for these jerseys and they're authentics. He is able to sell them for the prices he does because he is able to buy them so cheaply. He buys in the city, maybe the places where you list, but the jerseys look, feel and everything Authentic. They do not look like some authentic jerseys on Ebay that just look like crap and was made in a basement somewhere. Good jerseys. Good deals. F screen printed. I want stiched and authentic.

Ok, just giving a heads up, a lot of people don't mind buying copies and knockoffs. He is getting cheap prices because he is buying and selling counterfeit merch. My only reason for telling you and the board this is because i would assume you would not want to come on a board giving the guy free promotion and making people here think they are buying legit authentic product when these "authenics" are just knockoffs of authentics. I am sure that would never be your intent and I don't want to see someone get ripped off and blame you later.

I know a lot about this stuff. I looked at his site, it says he also has baby phat and vondutch, two of the biggest brands to be knocked off right now along with Ed Hardy tshirts. I looked at the dealer locater for Von Dutch and they have nobody listed for his town.

Ok, just giving a heads up, a lot of people don't mind buying copies and knockoffs. He is getting cheap prices because he is buying and selling counterfeit merch. My only reason for telling you and the board this is because i would assume you would not want to come on a board giving the guy free promotion and making people here think they are buying legit authentic product when these "authenics" are just knockoffs of authentics. I am sure that would never be your intent and I don't want to see someone get ripped off and blame you later.

I know a lot about this stuff. I looked at his site, it says he also has baby phat and vondutch, two of the biggest brands to be knocked off right now along with Ed Hardy tshirts. I looked at the dealer locater for Von Dutch and they have nobody listed for his town.

Yeah, he does carry that stuff but not in a large amount. I knew they weren't from NFLShop.com. I knew and do know he gets them some how illegally but they look and feel authentic, so I like them.

Oh, and a heads up, if you walk into those wholesale stores in the high 20's off broadway, you can buy NBA authentic knockoffs for about 40.00 if you haggle a little bit, and that would be as a regular customer, if you were buying quantity it would be less. I would assume the football jerseys are about the same.

Oh, and a heads up, if you walk into those wholesale stores in the high 20's off broadway, you can buy NBA authentic knockoffs for about 40.00 if you haggle a little bit, and that would be as a regular customer, if you were buying quantity it would be less. I would assume the football jerseys are about the same.

Yep. He told me a story about how once he had a jersey up for $170, I forget the player, and a guy walked in and only had $100 and sold it to him. I knew then it was definitely illegal.

so the summary of this thread is-- if you want to buy an authentic jersey do not contact 124

Or--- if you don't mind a crooked jersey with patches made in a chinese prison work farm with patches sewn on by invalids with their teeth then contact 124 for a somewhat sweet deal but still 80% more expensive then NYC stores.

hahaha, joe, just playing with you!

So which of the mods is on spam patrol today anyway? :lol:

They caught a good one earlier today pretty quick. An asian guy posted with an intro and link to a site selling knockoff sneakers. I had a great reply but when i went to submit reply the thread had already been deaded.

Archived