Defense turns the tables- (Camp report)

Kentucky Jet

Defense Turns the Tables

Published: Mon, July 30, 5:05pm EST

By Eric Allen

Allen is the senior managing editor of newyorkjets.com. He is in his sixth season with the Jets.

File Under: Jason, Trusnik, david, Barrett, Harris, kellen, clemens

change font email article 07/30

I think he watched a different practice than I did.

LOL

Wade Smith's snap went so far over Clemens that they blew the play dead. That was the last play of the two minute drill, and I was thinking it ended on kind of a sour note.

Trusnik, a two-time Division III All-American at Ohio Northern who racked up 43 career sacks, has quietly had a nice camp.

I noticed #48 on the field today, and he has probably been more active in camp than Schlegel, but that aint saying much.

Trusnik, a 6'4", 250-pound undrafted free agent, first used his power to push Ferguson into the backfield and eventually to the ground. Then on the next play, the Ohio Northern product knocked Brick's hands down while gaining the edge and got a clear path to the backfield. Trusnik, a two-time Division III All-American at Ohio Northern who racked up 43 career sacks, has quietly had a nice camp.

Encouraging for the defense, or serious red flag for D'Brick and the offense?

Encouraging for the defense, or serious red flag for D'Brick and the offense?

That is something i mentioned when I was doing the reports last summer.

It's hard to get too excited when the D does well, because it means the O didnt do well, and vice versa.

The key is for both the OL and DL to get a lot better this season as a unit. Individual matchups in tc dont necessarily reflect the overall progress of the team.

That is something i mentioned when I was doing the reports last summer.

It's hard to get too excited when the D does well, because it means the O didnt do well, and vice versa.

The key is for both the OL and DL to get a lot better this season as a unit. Individual matchups in tc dont necessarily reflect the overall progress of the team.

i remember when the packers O was really good towards the end of the ninties, and there were reports from camp the next season of the defense catching up. I was like...hmm? catching up huh? how old is favre, bennet, freeman and co? Turns out they just blew azz that year.

camp reports are tough to watch, you can't tell if O and D are both good, both chitty...just never know until week one.

Archived