What to watch for Tom Rock

flgreen

What to watch for

By Tom Rock

The Jets are making some last-minute preparations for the Falcons today, so there is no public practice and no media availability. The next time the Jets will have an open practice will be Sunday at 2 p.m. at Hofstra. By then, we should have the answers to a few questions that are being scattered around training camp like golf balls at a driving range. Let's hop in the caged cart and scoop them up.

products_rustler_big.jpg

The first question (and they

Good article, until i got to the part about mangini not mentioning revis. It's boring, but i guess the media has to mention it, and Rock put his own little touch on the story.

But i agree with most of what he had to say, and i also would give the slight edge to Stuckey over Frisby right now.

Good article, until i got to the part about mangini not mentioning revis. It's boring, but i guess the media has to mention it, and Rock put his own little touch on the story.

But i agree with most of what he had to say, and i also would give the slight edge to Stuckey over Frisby right now.

JC, first and foremost, this Floridian appreciates your camp reports...you are my eyes...(let's not even discuss the Canes yet...LOL).

As far as Stuckey goes, what can you tell me about his speed if you can...would you term it as blazing speed or something lower than that? Can he get separation?

Thanks again JC!

JC, first and foremost, this Floridian appreciates your camp reports...you are my eyes...(let's not even discuss the Canes yet...LOL).

As far as Stuckey goes, what can you tell me about his speed if you can...would you term it as blazing speed or something lower than that? Can he get separation?

Thanks again JC!

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, you want to know what JC saw in camp.

So would I

Thought this might help also. I like this kid, ran a 4.34 on campus 40.

He is being heraled as a move the chains kind of guy, but he can fly.

Hlope this will help

Prospect Profiles817-grey.gifdraft;event=draft;arena=nfl;feat=draft_player;type=psa;user=Anonymous;cust=no;sz=150x30;tile=5;ord=395881186707665? #section tr.player {background-color: #1A4B8D; border-bottom: 1px solid #ffffff;}#section tr.player td {padding: 2px; font-family: verdana, arial, sans; font-size: 20px; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold;}#section tr.bio {background-color: #1A4B8D; border-bottom: 1px solid #ffffff;}#section tr.bio td {padding: 2px; font-family: verdana, arial, sans; font-size: 12px; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: normal;}stuckey_chansi.jpgChansi StuckeyHeight: 5-10

Weight: 185Position: Wide Receiver/Punt Returner

College: Clemson

#section tr.label {background-color: #1A4B8D; border-bottom: 1px solid #ffffff;}#section tr.label td {padding: 2px; font-family: verdana, arial, sans; font-size: 10px; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold;}#section tr.copy {background-color: #eeeeee;}#section tr.copy td {padding: 5px; font-family: verdana, arial, sans; font-size: 10px; color: #000000;}#section tr.copy td p {font-family: verdana, arial, sans; font-size: 10px; color: #000000;}#section #tbl tr.bg0 {background-color: #B9B9B9;}#section #tbl tr.bg0 td {font-family: verdana, arial, sans; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; text-transform: none;}#section #tbl tr.bg1 {background-color: #cccccc;}#section #tbl tr.bg1 td {font-family: verdana, arial, sans; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; text-align: center; font-weight: bold;}#section #tbl tr.bg2 {background-color: #ededed;}#section #tbl tr.bg2 td {font-family: verdana, arial, sans; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; text-align: center; font-weight: normal;}#section #tbl tr.bg10 {background-color: #B9B9B9;}#section #tbl tr.bg10 td {font-family: verdana, arial, sans; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; text-align: left; font-weight: bold; text-transform: none;}#section #tbl tr.bg11 {background-color: #cccccc;}#section #tbl tr.bg11 td {font-family: verdana, arial, sans; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; text-align: left; font-weight: normal;}#section #tbl tr.bg12 {background-color: #ededed;}#section #tbl tr.bg12 td {font-family: verdana, arial, sans; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; text-align: left; font-weight: normal;}Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange

OVERVIEW

Stuckey is an excellent all-around athlete who has not only proven to be a breakaway threat as a receiver, but also has the explosiveness and strength to break tackles and separate from the pile when handling the reverse. Few college receivers possess the sure hands that Stuckey has, and he also displays a powerful arm for the option pass, thanks to his days as a one of the nation's premier prep quarterbacks.

At Northside High School, Stuckey was rated the No. 15 athlete in the nation by Rivals.com, earning four-star status from that recruiting service. The all-state product threw for 1,286 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior, leading Northside High to the Class AAAAA state title game. He also rushed for 1,008 yards and 10 scores that year.

Clemson won a heated recruiting battle over Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, South Carolina and Tennessee for Stuckey's services. He spent the 2002 season performing on the scout team as a quarterback.

Stuckey appeared in seven games behind Charlie Whitehurst at quarterback in 2003. He also saw action with the receiving unit, shifting to that position the following year. As a redshirt freshman, he completed 11 of 21 passes (52.4 percent) for 97 yards and two touchdowns. He added 136 yards and a pair of scores on 17 carries (8.0 avg.) and caught two passes for 10 yards.

Stuckey appeared in nine games in 2004, starting eight at flanker while also seeing action as a slot back. A left ankle fracture forced him to miss two games and see limited playing time the second part of the season. He finished with 25 receptions for 280 yards (11.2 avg.) and no touchdowns. Stuckey gained 13 yards on 10 carries, attempted two passes and gained 17 yards on a kickoff return. He produced three tackles and blocked two punts, picking up 30 yards on four punt returns.

In 2005, Stuckey became the first Tiger underclassman since Terrance Roulhac in 1984 to earn All-Atlantic Coast Conference first-team accolades. He started all year at flanker, leading the ACC with an average of 5.33 receptions per game. He paced the Tigers with 64 catches for 770 yards (12.0 avg.) and four touchdowns, tacking on 78 more yards on 13 carries (6.0 avg.). He attempted two passes, returned a kickoff 22 yards and had 27 punt returns for 199 yards, amassing 1,069 all-purpose yards in the process. Last season was supposed to be Stuckey's All-America season. The speedy receiver was well on his way to attaining that goal, but in a non-contact drill on Oct. 3, he suffered a right foot fracture, undergoing surgery the next day that forced him to miss three games. He returned to action for the final five contests, leading the team with 50 receptions for 700 yards (14.3 avg.) and three touchdowns. He added 34 yards on eight carries (4.2 avg.) to earn All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors, becoming the first Tiger receiver to be a two-time All-ACC pick since Perry Tuttle (1980-81). In 38 games at Clemson, including 31 as a receiver, Stuckey started 30 times. He ranks sixth in school history with 141 receptions and eighth with 1,760 yards (12.5 avg.), including seven touchdowns. He added 261 yards and two scores on 48 carries (5.4 avg.) and completed 11 of 25 passes (44.0 percent) for 97 yards and a pair of touchdowns. He gained 229 yards on 31 punt returns (7.4 avg.), including a score and picked up 39 yards on two kickoff returns. He also accounted for 2,289 all-purpose yards on 222 touches, an average of 60.24 yards per game.

ANALYSIS

Positives: Has a well-built and developing frame, with muscular arms, a very tight abdomen and hips, split high with tapered muscles in the lower body

Now here is something weird. The tc roster lists him as 6'0, 196, but flgreen's post lists him as

Chansi StuckeyHeight: 5-10

Weight: 185Position: Wide Receiver/Punt Returner

College: Clemson

So, that's why i thought he was a little bigger than Moss. If flgreens info is right, then they are the same size.

:P

Archived