Does this happen in the NFL??

4HCrew

With the Jets bringin in Hawkins, Caldwell and the O lineman it made me wonder..can teams call players that have been cut and buy information from them regarding their former team? obviously the Jets do not need Caldwell and I am sure he knew that...but I am sure he would not offer information without getting a contract.. so could money be offered and no contract discussed?

With the Jets bringin in Hawkins, Caldwell and the O lineman it made me wonder..can teams call players that have been cut and buy information from them regarding their former team? obviously the Jets do not need Caldwell and I am sure he knew that...but I am sure he would not offer information without getting a contract.. so could money be offered and no contract discussed?

If the players are signed then they will spill their guts. If they are only brought in for a "workout" then probably not.

Good move(s) by Mangini. Elgin is useless but Caldwell and Hawkins have a wealth of information.

no way! Our coach is a saint and would never do anything deceitful like this! I'm sure Eric just wanted to give him a hug and tell him everything will be all right.

no way! Our coach is a saint and would never do anything deceitful like this! I'm sure Eric just wanted to give him a hug and tell him everything will be all right.

F*** THAT

We're talking about the #1 WR for the Pats last year, playing for BB, he has to have info that we don't.

F*** THAT

We're talking about the #1 WR for the Pats last year, playing for BB, he has to have info that we don't.

but Mangini is more concerned for Bug Eyes emotional state than he is about some little piece of information that can help us sunday.

I heard they had tea and cookies and sat in a dark room and told each other what they are thankful for.

That's an interesting question. I'm sure there is some rule in the CBA that prevents a team from just saying to a player "Here's $15,000, tell us everything you know" They can do the same thing by giving him a PS, one week pay check, but it eats up valuable player space for a week.

Some times a player, like Caldwell, who was I believe, the Pats leading WR last year, will be angry, and give up info just to hurt his former team. Plus it's always a good idea for a Dude without a job to get an interview that everyone knows about.

i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even bring caldwell in, they just announced that they were. mangini likes to force opposing teams to spend as much time preparing as possible. that means if the pats think caldwell was giving away audibles or snap counts then the they would have to change all of that during the prep week for the jets.

Archived