Fear not jets fans...

Columbia Jet Fan

So for the past 3 years or so I have played the Jets game of the week on madden to basically bad results. I was pretty good at the PS2 madden and basically even when the worst Jets teams would play the best NFL teams I would usually win. However on PS3 I have done the same thing and so far I have been surprisingly accurate, I have been blown out by the Pats (Chad got injured too, although he was out for the game) and I went down early against the Ravens last week but came back for a decent showing (not nearly as dramatic as the real game). This week I put Chad back in the game, benched Miller and got after it with the Fish...final score....

Jets-17

Dolphins- 10

Jets jumped up to a 14-0 lead with 2 minutes to go in the first half. The fins executed a great 2 minute drill and put up 7, then on the following kickoff Stucki fumbled the ball and the dolphins put up 3...was missing Justin Miller back there. Mostly punts for the rest of the game but I did get a field goal. Was kicking to the dolphins from my own 20 or something when Ted Ginn made some serious moves and got back to my own 35 before DAVID BARRET put a huge hit stick on him and he fumbled...securing the win.

Coles had a huge day catching two 50 yard passes. Cotch scored my first touchdown on a sick fade by Chad which Cotch pulled down with one hand. Baker had a nice TD catch as well. On D K Rhodes had 6 tackles and a sack, Ellis also picked up a sack on the day. I made Barret my #3 cb and he got BURNT all day by Ted Ginn who put up 85 big yards. Also our WRs could basically burn their cbs at will but I was trying not to risk a big turnover.

#s...

Chad- 15/22, 219 yds, 2td, 1 INT Qb Rating- 117.7

Coles- 5 Catches 132 yds

Cotch- 3 Catches 48 yds 1 TD

Baker- 5 catch 43 yds 1 TD

T. Jones- 12 attemps for 52 yds

Leon- 4 attemps for 9 yds

Which means we will win...

While I appreciate anything positive for our JETS at this point ,after the first 2 weeks of letdowns ,these guys better comeout this week knocking the $hi+ out of everything that isn`t family or in GREEN & WHITE ,I want us to win by 3TD`s and make a statement to every other team on our Sched. this year (you missed your opportunity ) to catch us at our low point ,We`re ready for anyone ,anywhere for the rest of the season.....And while it may not make a diff. in the standings if we win by 3TD`s or 1 pt. I want us to crush these guys & do the same to Buff. next week.

We need not just to win this week but win BIG, any momentum we can build going up to Buffalo which is a tough place for us in recent years is what we need. IF we can win our next 2 games and Buffalo I think is the big one we will be 4-2. The Giants are pitiful and the crowd will be amped for Philly when we wear the blue and gold titan uniforms.

While I appreciate anything positive for our JETS at this point ,after the first 2 weeks of letdowns ,these guys better comeout this week knocking the $hi+ out of everything that isn`t family or in GREEN & WHITE ,I want us to win by 3TD`s and make a statement to every other team on our Sched. this year (you missed your opportunity ) to catch us at our low point ,We`re ready for anyone ,anywhere for the rest of the season.....And while it may not make a diff. in the standings if we win by 3TD`s or 1 pt. I want us to crush these guys & do the same to Buff. next week.

Yes your right, we need a statement game, however with penny at QB on sunday, I'll take 17-10, 17-16, 15-14, 10-3 as long as we get our first win....

Archived