Chad......Nuuuge.......and Defense

BReal32

for starters, i think everybody needs to chill out. i understand that we are fans and that is short is for fanatics, but this is crazy.

let's just face the facts.

Nugent couldn't get it done when he had to; that was a big missed FG no matter what quarter or half it happened in.

Pennington made two huge mistakes; one resulted in 7 points and ultimately the difference in the game.

The Defense, though only giving up 17 points, gave up yardage in huge chunks, missed key tackles (Lynch's TD run after hitting the D at the 10 yard line) and could not pick the offense up after the INT. think about it, they hold BUF to a FG and the Jets win.

all three of these played huge roles in the loss. not to mention the RB's being non-existent due to the coaching staff just completely not calling their numbers in the second half. we saw how well the offense moves when TJ gets the ball alot (see MIA game)

this was definitely a team loss. Pennington's last INT sticks out like a sore thumb because it sealed the loss. but the timing of that was just exaggerated by the fact that other things didn't happen when they should have, (i.e. like making 37 yard FG's, not throwing INT's, better play calling and maybe, just maybe, the D could force a 3 and out or hold a team to a FG when they are in the Red Zone). say all you want about Pennington putting them in a tough position after the INT (and you're absolutely right) but the D has to be able to deal with adversity once in a while.

for starters, i think everybody needs to chill out. i understand that we are fans and that is short is for fanatics, but this is crazy.

let's just face the facts.

Nugent couldn't get it done when he had to; that was a big missed FG no matter what quarter or half it happened in.

Pennington made two huge mistakes; one resulted in 7 points and ultimately the difference in the game.

The Defense, though only giving up 17 points, gave up yardage in huge chunks, missed key tackles (Lynch's TD run after hitting the D at the 10 yard line) and could not pick the offense up after the INT. think about it, they hold BUF to a FG and the Jets win.

all three of these played huge roles in the loss. not to mention the RB's being non-existent due to the coaching staff just completely not calling their numbers in the second half. we saw how well the offense moves when TJ gets the ball alot (see MIA game)

this was definitely a team loss. Pennington's last INT sticks out like a sore thumb because it sealed the loss. but the timing of that was just exaggerated by the fact that other things didn't happen when they should have, (i.e. like making 37 yard FG's, not throwing INT's, better play calling and maybe, just maybe, the D could force a 3 and out or hold a team to a FG when they are in the Red Zone). say all you want about Pennington putting them in a tough position after the INT (and you're absolutely right) but the D has to be able to deal with adversity once in a while.

from the rochester d&c:

Losman had the misfortune of suffering a knee injury before he got a chance to play at home Sunday against the lousy New York Jets.

He mostly struggled in season-opening losses to Denver and Pittsburgh before being knocked out of action on a borderline cheap shot early in the loss to New England.

Rookie Trent Edwards made his starting debut Sunday against the punchless Jets and did a fine job. But let

Yeah lets throw another kicker under the bus to save Chad, and then use another 2nd round pick to try another one. Eventually nobody will ever kick for us.

There is no excuse for missing a 36 yrd FG. thats not me defending Chad its me criticising Nuge. That miss could have been real real costly.

You cant criticise Chad and let Nuge off, both didnt do well.

Archived