The Quarterback That I Knew...

JetFanScottie

died on that operating table during his first shoulder surgery in 2005, and it took me until last Sunday to realize it. After he threw the awful pick on the 2 yard line, I tuned the TV off. I had no doubt that the Giants would drive down and take the lead, and I had no doubt that Chad would throw another pick on the ensuing drive. I could see it in my mind before it even happened. That's when I knew in my gut that the old CP was not coming back. I saw him routinely put up 50 points a game at Marshall, I saw what he did along with all of you guys in 2002 and even in 2004, and he is NOT the same QB that he was before the first surgery. Despite what some say, he could make all the throws and he knew it. He was probably one of the most confident QB's out there, but that all when away on that operating table. The arm, which was marginal before, is gone, the swagger is gone, and now I think that his great football mind is going too. Maybe it's the fact that he has to almost perfect for this team to win, maybe it's Kellen breathing down his neck, maybe it's the constant scrutiny from the fans and now the media. You will not find a bigger Chad fan than me anywhere, and I would love to see him pull himself and this team out of it, but I realized Sunday that this is all about to come to an end.

Chad Pennington is no Steve Austin.

Agreed. Steve Austin's cap # was much smaller, lol.

If he didn't do well the network really wouldn't have been married to him, they would have cut him and moved on.

The NFL isn't so kind.

:shutit:

Agreed. Steve Austin's cap # was much smaller, lol.

If he didn't do well the network really wouldn't have been married to him, they would have cut him and moved on.

The NFL isn't so kind.

:shutit:

Is the new "Bionic Woman" gonna get really filthy sexy? What did they do to her plumbing? She was "barely alive", and now? Dammit, we need some freaking ANSWERS!

Archived