Why Coles is one of our captains...

K-Rhodes25

Although he is wrong cause hes played his heart out this is why hes such a great player and teamate

For the second day in a row, Laveranues Coles took the blame for the Jets' woes. A noble gesture, but one that doesn't quite make sense.

"Point the finger at me," he said yesterday. "Any time something is not right with the offense, it's my fault. It's on Laveranues. Blame me, because it's left up to me to make plays and help this team win games and evidently I haven't done that enough."

Coles and receiving partner Jerricho Cotchery have been two of the few bright spots for the Jets' offense this season, making catches that require both physical toughness and acumen. Coles has 32 catches for 300 yards and four touchdowns.

Other than make every play on every snap, a theory he did not entirely dismiss as implausible, Coles said it also is important that the disappointed buzz of Jets fans stay on the airwaves of sports radio and not in the bunker.

"For us, it's just stay focused and support each other and stay behind each other," he said. "Right now, the dissension outside of this locker room is going to try to come in this locker room, and it needs to stay out there. All we can do is support each other no matter what."

Archived