India Official killed by monkeys

Kidhuman

Man, what a way to die.....

Wild monkeys attacked a senior government official who then fell from a balcony at his home and died Sunday, media reported.

New Delhi Deputy Mayor S.S. Bajwa was rushed to a hospital after the attack by a gang of Rhesus macaques, but succumbed to head injuries sustained in his fall, the Press Trust of India news agency and The Times of India reported.

Many government buildings, temples and residential neighborhoods in New Delhi are overrun by Rhesus macaques, which scare passers-by and occasionally bite or snatch food from unsuspecting visitors.

Last year, the Delhi High Court reprimanded city authorities for failing to stop the animals from terrifying residents and asked them to find a permanent solution to the monkey menace.

Part of the problem is that devout Hindus believe monkeys are manifestations of the monkey god Hanuman and feed them bananas and peanuts

Man, what a way to die.....

Wild monkeys attacked a senior government official who then fell from a balcony at his home and died Sunday, media reported.

New Delhi Deputy Mayor S.S. Bajwa was rushed to a hospital after the attack by a gang of Rhesus macaques, but succumbed to head injuries sustained in his fall, the Press Trust of India news agency and The Times of India reported.

Many government buildings, temples and residential neighborhoods in New Delhi are overrun by Rhesus macaques, which scare passers-by and occasionally bite or snatch food from unsuspecting visitors.

Last year, the Delhi High Court reprimanded city authorities for failing to stop the animals from terrifying residents and asked them to find a permanent solution to the monkey menace.

Part of the problem is that devout Hindus believe monkeys are manifestations of the monkey god Hanuman and feed them bananas and peanuts

Hmm, that's surprising. I found the monkeys in Bombay to be quite friendly. And well dressed.

Seriously though, it was filthy. I probably contracted some sort of SE Asian disease from it. Oh well.

A friend of mine got Typhoid from a monkey. For real.

EDIT: By the way, why are you on a leash? Snort.

I did some work with monkies when I was with Sterling Winthrop years back. They are indeed filthy and very aggessive with each other. I once saw one jump up on the door of anothers cage only to wind up losing one of it's fingers . If a monkey were human size he would be 17 times as strong. Nasty creatures indeed.

I did some work with monkies when I was with Sterling Winthrop years back. They are indeed filthy and very aggessive with each other. I once saw one jump up on the door of anothers cage only to wind up losing one of it's fingers . If a monkey were human size he would be 17 times as strong. Nasty creatures indeed.

Speaks to our DNA all around. And therein lies my life-long fascination. The only thing that separates us is spoken language. Believe it.

Speaks to our DNA all around. And therein lies my life-long fascination. The only thing that separates us is spoken language. Believe it.

What was it, 99.4% similar DNA? Although I guess a lot of species can be very similar so maybe that doesn't mean all that much.

Archived