BCS

Nick Ferraro

Yawn.

Fix College Football:

1. 10 team max per conference. Then everyone plays 9 conference games and one non-conference game. 10-game regular season. If you make a bowl game you have 11 games. If you make the playoffs and play into the championship, you have 13 games. That's not any more taxing on student athletes than what they do now.

2. Start the season in mid-Sept. 10 weeks brings us to December 1st. Goodbye to the ridiculous six-week break between the end of the season and bowl games. I'm not interested in college football in August; I'm working on my tan.

3. After one bye week, top eight teams play in the playoffs. During the bye week, teams ranked 9-20 play the second-tier bowl games. Everyone else - enjoy the holidays. 6-5 is not a record worthy of post-season play. Sorry.

4. We get this is all wrapped up by New Year's Day. A January 7th championship game is ridiculous.

5. Part of the mountains of money this will bring in should reduce tuitions. There is enough money to go around. Alumni donations can stay with athletic departments. College athletic facilities don't have to be nicer than the NFL.

6. Bowl selection committees go away. I'm tired of watching teams get smacked around in a bowl game while a better team stays home because we think fewer people would watch. We will tell you who is playing in your bowl game.

7. Independents find a conference. Get in, or watch the rest of country play in December. That way it's easy to tell how good you really are. No conference, no bowl games...enjoy the holidays. And - you should play in the same conference for all sports. No more picking one conference for football and another for basketball just because it gives you an advantage.

8. Name the bowl games like the old days. Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl, etc. Corporate sponsorship is fine. We can have the Gator Bowl sponsored by Staples. No more Chick-Fil-A Bowl or Gaylord Hotels Bowl.

9. Nick is the first College Football Czar. Czars serve for five years max. Even I admit to having an ego.

The bowl season is awful, especially it all culminating into a National Championship that no one really cared about.

There was absolutely no buzz for that game last night. OSU wasnt that good all season, they shouldnt have even been in the game.

A playoff format would have eliminated them.

The bowl season is awful, especially it all culminating into a National Championship that no one really cared about.

There was absolutely no buzz for that game last night. OSU wasnt that good all season, they shouldnt have even been in the game.

A playoff format would have eliminated them.

Agreed.

They were handed a 12 game schedule with EIGHT of those games at home, and their out of conference schedule was atrocious. USC or Georgia against LSU would've been a great game. Just like last year, OSU got a quick touchdown and then faded. It was great and was over by halftime.

Agreed.

They were handed a 12 game schedule with EIGHT of those games at home, and their out of conference schedule was atrocious. USC or Georgia against LSU would've been a great game. Just like last year, OSU got a quick touchdown and then faded. It was great and was over by halftime.

The game wasnt nearly as bad as last year. OSU wasnt completely taken behind the woodshed, but overall the game sucked.

USC has no one to blame but themselves, you cant be 41 point favorites and lose and expect to be in the title game.

Georgia or hell even Kansas would have been a better option.

Archived