if KG wins a ring with the Celtics

Blackout

Probably not even top ten. I have a lot of respect for the guy but he didn't do anything in the Western Conference for all those years. Granted, he's never had this good of a supporting cast but you can't ignore the first 12 years of his career.

Can't ignore his first twelve years of being the best player in the league?

So I guess KG was better than Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan, Kobe and Shaq during that time?

Jordan? KG isn't/wasn't better than Jordan, but "during that time"? I'd say during that time KG was considerably better. Kobe? I'll take KG. You can make a case for Duncan. I prefer KG, but I understand how/why people thing Duncan is better. Shaq was better, but more for his enormous size being able to take over the game. In that regard Shaq is among the greatest ever, but I don't think he's necessarily been a better player.

People are going to say that you have to make your teammates better, well people thought that Marbury was a great player when he played with KG. He's ****ing laughingstock.

Jordan? KG isn't/wasn't better than Jordan, but "during that time"? I'd say during that time KG was considerably better. Kobe? I'll take KG. You can make a case for Duncan. I prefer KG, but I understand how/why people thing Duncan is better. Shaq was better, but more for his enormous size being able to take over the game. In that regard Shaq is among the greatest ever, but I don't think he's necessarily been a better player.

People are going to say that you have to make your teammates better, well people thought that Marbury was a great player when he played with KG. He's ****ing laughingstock.

kg aint betta then kobe

kobe hits shots when tha games on the line

kg goes back in his mammas vagina when tha games on tha line

and ducan is betta then kg

Considering Jordan won 3 NBA titles after KG came into the league I'd say Jordan gets the edge.

By the end of his career, Kobe is probably going to go down as top 10 of all-time. He is arguably the best player in the NBA right now. I think personally it's a toss-up between Kobe, Lebron and Dwight Howard (the boy is a beast). Kobe is definitely the best pure scorer in the NBA and has been for years.

Until this season Shaq has been substantially better than KG. I don't like the argument that his size is the only reason he's better. Ofcourse it's the reason he's better. You can't knock a player for being bigger, stronger and more physical than everyone around him. Shaq has 4 NBA Championship Trophies and deservedly so. He had an incredibly dominant run from 2000-2006.

Ditto for Duncan, who didn't always have a great supporting cast in San Antonio. It wasn't until the past couple seasons that Parker and Ginobili have become superstars. Duncan is easily better than KG.

I respect KG alot and I thought all the way back last summer that Boston ass-raped the Wolves in that trade. He is playing with what is by far his best supporting cast right now and he'll make it to the NBA Finals because of it. Can this Celtics team beat whoever comes out of the West? We'll see.

Considering Jordan won 3 NBA titles after KG came into the league I'd say Jordan gets the edge.

By the end of his career, Kobe is probably going to go down as top 10 of all-time. He is arguably the best player in the NBA right now. I think personally it's a toss-up between Kobe, Lebron and Dwight Howard (the boy is a beast). Kobe is definitely the best pure scorer in the NBA and has been for years.

Until this season Shaq has been substantially better than KG. I don't like the argument that his size is the only reason he's better. Ofcourse it's the reason he's better. You can't knock a player for being bigger, stronger and more physical than everyone around him. Shaq has 4 NBA Championship Trophies and deservedly so. He had an incredibly dominant run from 2000-2006.

Ditto for Duncan, who didn't always have a great supporting cast in San Antonio. It wasn't until the past couple seasons that Parker and Ginobili have become superstars. Duncan is easily better than KG.

I respect KG alot and I thought all the way back last summer that Boston ass-raped the Wolves in that trade. He is playing with what is by far his best supporting cast right now and he'll make it to the NBA Finals because of it. Can this Celtics team beat whoever comes out of the West? We'll see.

I'll address the obvious problem first. I didn't meant that I meant that size is the only reason Shaq is better. I meant that Shaq is great, first and foremost, because of his size. It makes him unguardable. Especially in today's NBA. In ancient times guys like Willis and Wes Unseld would have been full on brawling with him. I just meant that size makes it hard to compare. It's not like one can do what the other does. I'd pick Shaq first if there were a draft, so I'd say I rate him better.

I'm just not a big Kobe or Duncan fan. You can rate them higher and I won't convince you otherwise. Ginobli and Parker didn't get any better, you just start to recognize their stardom more. Duncan won his first title with Robinson. Hell, even Sean Elliot was better than the stiffs KG has been dragging around. Jordan had two or three good to great seasons, retired and came back as what I consider a lesser allstar with the Bullets. I find it kind of hard to compare 2 or 3 great years with over a decade at the top of the game. Basically, it's like when people were saying that Jordan would never be as good as Magic/Bird or even Isiah because he "couldn't win the big one". I think you'll agree that was a joke and EVERYONE was wrong.

Even if everyone accepts those players as better than Garnett, that is four players better in over a decade. Only one plays a similar position and two are guards. It certainly doesn't necessarily drop him out of the top 10 forwards. I can't remember if this was forwards or "big men". Then again, arguing top 10 or top 20 isn't a big difference either.

Archived