Worried?

Favorite_Toon

I will say this to anyone that is worried that Tangini wont do much this offseason.. They HAVE too.. Trust me if your job was on the line you wouldnt save money on the cap for the next administration to come use it...

Mangini and Tanny are both on the hot seat..They wil both not survive another losing season.. If there is no improvement they wont survive that... thats the nature of this buisness..

I am not saying they wil sign everyone but they wil be in on all free agents that can possibly help..

Thing is with free agents they have to want to sign with us.. and thats been a problem in the past.. Days of reggie white using us to get a better deal with the packers... Stuff like that has happen to us all the time..even with john lynch.. he was herman edwards best friend and herms sons godfather..but yet still he didnt want any part of us..

Thats a big issue... you cant deny we dont have any superstars that can attract another to come here.. and thats why its hard to recruit talent to come here.. we have nobody to try and lure them here...

How do you know their jobs are on the line? This owner couldn't care less about the Jets being terrible.

Soare you saying that woody johnson doesnt care if were good or we are bad? if thats the case I really wish we would have gotten a better owner...

I think once the jets failed to get the westside stadium.... that was a huge loss for al of us... except for those jet fans that live in jersey and love to tailgate.. but no matter what u say...It was a HUGE loss for this org.. truth is..If i need to tell you why it was a huge loss.. thenyou shouldnt even call yourself a NEWYORK jet fan..

Soare you saying that woody johnson doesnt care if were good or we are bad? if thats the case I really wish we would have gotten a better owner...

I think once the jets failed to get the westside stadium.... that was a huge loss for al of us... except for those jet fans that live in jersey and love to tailgate.. but no matter what u say...It was a HUGE loss for this org.. truth is..If i need to tell you why it was a huge loss.. thenyou shouldnt even call yourself a NEWYORK jet fan..

The jets should have a stadium in queens. That west side stadium was an f-you to every regular Jet fan. Thank God it didn't happen.

How do you know their jobs are on the line? This owner couldn't care less about the Jets being terrible.

The jets should have a stadium in queens. That west side stadium was an f-you to every regular Jet fan. Thank God it didn't happen.

I would excepted a queens stadium too.. fckn woody johnson only wanted manhattan..now we have to share a stadium again..

Do you remember.. jets had the number 1 pick... parcells called archie manning.. told him he was going to take his son Peyton... and then all of a sudden.. Peyton is staying for his 5th year taking up dance?

Eli manning was going to the chargers before archie steeped in and got a trade to the giants.. if you dont think his dad has anything to do with knowing what franchises are worth going too..

So do the players and right now were not so popular..

I think once the jets failed to get the westside stadium.... that was a huge loss for al of us... except for those jet fans that live in jersey and love to tailgate..

Except the fans that wouldn't be able to pay the $10,000-$20,000 PSL's that came with the WSS.

A lot of the fans won't be able to afford the $5,000-$10,000 PSL's the shared stadium is going to produce

I would excepted a queens stadium too.. fckn woody johnson only wanted manhattan..now we have to share a stadium again..

Do you remember.. jets had the number 1 pick... parcells called archie manning.. told him he was going to take his son Peyton... and then all of a sudden.. Peyton is staying for his 5th year taking up dance?

Eli manning was going to the chargers before archie steeped in and got a trade to the giants.. if you dont think his dad has anything to do with knowing what franchises are worth going too..

So do the players and right now were not so popular..

Sorry, your wrong with the Peyton Manning thing! The reason Peyton went back to college is parcells wouldn't say he was definately taking him! Peyton would have came here in a heartbeat! Are you kidding, look wha a star NY made Joe Nameth! Imagine Peyton? Heck Parcells prob would have rode out of town with another SB win!

Sorry, your wrong with the Peyton Manning thing! The reason Peyton went back to college is parcells wouldn't say he was definately taking him! Peyton would have came here in a heartbeat! Are you kidding, look wha a star NY made Joe Nameth! Imagine Peyton? Heck Parcells prob would have rode out of town with another SB win!

Yep

Remember it well. Parcells traded the pick. he didn't want to Pay the fist pick in the draft two years in a row.

Jets have some luck

Exactly correct. Tuna was on the 3-year plan & didn't want to break in a rookie QB (again). Plus he figured a 1-15 team needed all the picks it could get, value be damned. All he had to say was that he was taking him, let Peyton declare for the draft, and then do what he wanted later. Even if we still traded down, we'd have gotten a lot more for dropping from #1 to #6 than the 3rd, 4th, & 7th rounders Parcells accepted.

Draft chart-wise (and they were using this at the time, though not quite as religiously):

we gave up pick 1(1) = 3000 pts

we got picks

1(6) = 1600 pts

3(6) = 240

4(6) = 92

7(6) = 12

--------------

tot = 1944. Net = -1056 pts. Essentially we ate the value of the #15 pick in the draft.

We eventually traded down even more. Dropped from 1(6) - ended up being Walter Jones - for pick 4(8). Value-wise, we gave up 1600 & got back 1492, a net loss of another 108 pts.

From that 3(6) pick, we traded down again. 3(6) ended up being Dan Neil to the Broncos. We got their picks 3(28), 6(28), 7(28) and the Broncos' 6th round pick the following year (value of 1997 7th rounder). Net: gave up 240 pts. Got back 155. Net loss of 85 pts.

Total value given up with Tuna's awful trade-downs = 1249 pts = value of the #11 pick in the country. F'ing maroon thought he was so clever in doing it also.

Except the fans that wouldn't be able to pay the $10,000-$20,000 PSL's that came with the WSS.

A lot of the fans won't be able to afford the $5,000-$10,000 PSL's the shared stadium is going to produce

ALOT of fans like myself can afford it WE just dont want to pay it.I can surely find 100 other ways to tie up $20k.Especially being as it wont earn 1 cent of interest in Woodys account.

The New York Jets need to fully justify the reasoning behind this PSL fee or MANY fans will not be paying it. Imagine them building a new stadium charging PSLs and not selling out.It can happen.New Jersey leads the nation in people moving out.Many move because of affordability.Lets all stay tuned its going to be interesting.

Archived