The Pats have NOT franchised Randy Moss

Irish Jet

I think Randy Moss needs to looks seriously at the whole spygate thing and then ask himslef if it is the best thing for Randy Moss and his legacy if he is associated with a bunch of cheating dirtbags.

Randy after all, has a reputation to uphold, albeit a small one.

I think Randy Moss needs to looks seriously at the whole spygate thing and then ask himslef if it is the best thing for Randy Moss and his legacy if he is associated with a bunch of cheating dirtbags.

Randy after all, has a reputation to uphold, albeit a small one.

randy is a friend to all--except for traffic guards and the kid he put in the hospital before college.

You are both completely ignoring the NFC, who WON the Super Bowl this year. The Cowboys are just as much of a threat as the Patriots are, especially with Moss. And if Favre comes back another year? Add the Pack with Moss to that list as well. Moss can get his ring in a number of places. The bottom line is you just don't know who wins in the playoffs. You need to be good, and you also need momentum, and some luck. The Giants got hot at the right time, but you don't know who gets hot next year. The Pats got hot for that first SB win and had that luck factor too, then won 2 more SBs and then nothing. It could be the Giants that go on the run next.

Or it could be a team that nobody is expecting. Like the Rams of a few years ago. The Panthers were injured, maybe they make another run now. The Bengals, maybe they fix a few problems and are a different team. The Broncos? This'll be Year 3 in the league for Cutler, that's usually the year a QB makes that huge leap. Maybe VY puts it together, and it's the Titans. Or how about the Ravens?

Way, way, way too many teams for anyone to be guaranteed. The AFC East is just super weak right now, i admit the Pats look like the most likely team to get out of there, but you dunno, what if KC develops, and the O-line is fixed in one year? What if everything just clicks for the Jets? What if Parcells job in Miami is exceptional and he takes the AFC East? No guarantee on the Pats, none whatsoever.

I am not ignoring the NFC. They won the Superbowl? ;)

All I am saying is the Patriots, as I said this past season as they creeped towards an unbeaten regular season, are not a lock for the Superbowl.

The Superbowl bears this out. One incredible play can keep a team alive. Someone on the Chargers or Jags make a play earlier and things could have turned out differently.

I wonder if the Boyz or Packers make it to the Superbowl if the Patriots play more to win then not to lose.

Not ignoring the NFC, just focusing on the tougher AFC before worrying about the NFC.

1 There are 7 teams on that list. So ya, thanks for pointing out the obvious that 1 team wont make it.

2 Which AFC playoff team came from nowwhere (as you say)in 2007?

Is this a joke???

1) Wahtever, point is that other teams will emerge as contenders.

2) The Cleveland Browns were (Didn't make the playoffs but they really should've) and it's not even close. There were people predicting they'd have the #1 overall pick in the draft.:roll:

3 of those 07 playoff teams didn't even have winning records in 06.

Is this a joke???

It is now.:lol:

1) Wahtever, point is that other teams will emerge as contenders.

What team emerged in 2007? You said "it happens every season"

SD won 14 games in 06

INDY the 06 SB

NE played in the 06 AFCC

PITT, JAX and TENN all went 8 - 8 in 06.

Winning just 2 more games the following season after narrowly missing the playoffs is a leap? Its a real surprise they all got better when all 3 are solid teams?

Archived