Broncos in talks to move Javon Walker (Jets interested); out of Z.Thomas sweepstakes

I guess you can't have too many 30 yr old, injury prone WRs on a roster.

I think the belief would be if the Jets were to land Walker that Coles would be on his way out. The Jets do need a third receiver, but they need a slot man and neither Coles, Cotchery nor Walker is a slot receiver. Walker, however, when healthy, is much more explosive than Coles and would make more plays down the field. The problem is his health. Then again, with Coles' concussion problems, are the Jets all that much better with him?

I think the belief would be if the Jets were to land Walker that Coles would be on his way out. The Jets do need a third receiver, but they need a slot man and neither Coles, Cotchery nor Walker is a slot receiver.

Why would you send back one cold steak for another? That'd be like trading Erik Coleman for Jon McGraw.

Why would you send back one cold steak for another? That'd be like trading Erik Coleman for Jon McGraw.

When both are healthy, Javon Walker and Laveranues Coles do not belong on the same field.

It would be more like letting go of Erik Coleman and adding Troy Polamalu.

When both are healthy, Javon Walker and Laveranues Coles do not belong on the same field.

It would be more like letting go of Erik Coleman and adding Troy Polamalu.

When both are healthy neither would be leaving their respective clubs. We'd pony up a contract, and Denver wouldn't have drafted Walker's replacement.

Health is the basis of my argument.

When both are healthy neither would be leaving their respective clubs. We'd pony up a contract, and Denver wouldn't have drafted Walker's replacement.

Health is the basis of my argument.

Laveranues Coles is in worse condition than Javon Walker. Head injuries to a receiver who routinely goes over the middle is devastating.

Maybe we trade Vilma and Coles for Walker and a pick? Makes sense for both sides, imo.

? Sorry gotta disagee, BIG TIME. Denver's on the verge of releasing him so why would you give up anything for him? Why the heck would you want this old, injury prone , malcontent in the 1st place? Just askin....;)

? Sorry gotta disagee, BIG TIME. Denver's on the verge of releasing him so why would you give up anything for him? Why the heck would you want this old, injury prone , malcontent in the 1st place? Just askin....;)

Well, he would bring size and speed. Something the Jets have very little of. Besides, I'm not sure Walker is such a malcontent. I can understand his beef in GB when Favre opened his big mouth during contract negotiations and after what happened to him in Denver I can understand him wanting a change of scenery. I don't think he is that bad of a guy.

Well, he would bring size and speed. Something the Jets have very little of. Besides, I'm not sure Walker is such a malcontent. I can understand his beef in GB when Favre opened his big mouth during contract negotiations and after what happened to him in Denver I can understand him wanting a change of scenery. I don't think he is that bad of a guy.

I don't know. Maybe you're right but I looked at it as 2 teams BOTH not wanting him because of HIM not his play. The fact that one of them was GB with Favre, who loved hooking up with Walker , carried a lot of weight with me. Big bucks too RSJ . ;)

I don't know. Maybe you're right but I looked at it as 2 teams BOTH not wanting him because of HIM not his play. The fact that one of them was GB with Favre, who loved hooking up with Walker , carried a lot of weight with me. Big bucks too RSJ . ;)

Yeah I know, but I look at him like a Plaxico Burress type for us. He would be a great red zone threat and someone who can stretch the defense at the drop of a hat. I know that his knee problems may limit the later of the two - but even if so his size alone should help us alas Plax with the Giants and Steelers before that. He could be a head case - but find me a 6'4" WR that isn't. And I know he may cost some coin - but we actually have it this year especially since the free agent market will be so limited. The trade I proposed is prolly a dumb one - but I would still love to see him here.

No way. He's 30+ with a bad knee. Same knee that made Curtis retire and he's a loud mouth cry baby.

He cried in GB for more money and then wanted to be traded.

Now he is crying in Denver that it's not the place for him....why? because Brandon Marshall took his job and he's not giving it back.

Yeah I know, but I look at him like a Plaxico Burress type for us. He would be a great red zone threat and someone who can stretch the defense at the drop of a hat. I know that his knee problems may limit the later of the two - but even if so his size alone should help us alas Plax with the Giants and Steelers before that. He could be a head case - but find me a 6'4" WR that isn't. And I know he may cost some coin - but we actually have it this year especially since the free agent market will be so limited. The trade I proposed is prolly a dumb one - but I would still love to see him here.

The article speculated that a draft chice traded for him might be conditional. I'm guessing because of the knee issues. We'll just have to wait and see. It's kinda a neat time of year when ANYTHING can happen at any time.

No way. He's 30+ with a bad knee. Same knee that made Curtis retire and he's a loud mouth cry baby.

He cried in GB for more money and then wanted to be traded.

Now he is crying in Denver that it's not the place for him....why? because Brandon Marshall took his job and he's not giving it back.

Well first off he is 29, and will be 30 this october. His knee is not nearly as bad as Martin's was. He came back and played last year at the end of the season. The GB situation was all on Favre and not him. Favre should have kept his dumb mouth shut.

The article speculated that a draft chice traded for him might be conditional. I'm guessing because of the knee issues. We'll just have to wait and see. It's kinda a neat time of year when ANYTHING can happen at any time.

I agree, this is a great time of the year. I do know that Denver LOVED Vilma when he was coming out of college and Denver really needs a MLB like Vilma on top of that Vilma is also coming off a knee injury. We will have to wait and see - but it bears watching.

Well first off he is 29, and will be 30 this october. His knee is not nearly as bad as Martin's was. He came back and played last year at the end of the season. The GB situation was all on Favre and not him. Favre should have kept his dumb mouth shut.

If I remember correctly he was holding out or going to hold out and farve told him not to.

It wasn't Favre's idea to sit out for more money.

Laveranues Coles is in worse condition than Javon Walker. Head injuries to a receiver who routinely goes over the middle is devastating.

As opposed to an ACL tear that sidelined Javon Walker 2 out of the past three years? Geez.

He could come back but my inclination is to f_cking pass.

I'd rather the Jets go after someone like Donte Stallworth who won't cost a pick and doesn't have wear and tear.

Archived