McFadden's official combine weigh in

Iceman88

http://fflivewire.com/players/PlayersCombine.asp?OrderBy=+ORDER+BY+LastNAme%2C+FirstName%2C+PosNameShort%2C+Team&PlayerName=&pTeamID=99999999&PosNum=2

This site has up all the players at the combines officially recorded heights and weights and will put up their 40 times etc as they become available.

McFadden is 6'1" 211. That's smaller than Leon Washington.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://fflivewire.com/players/PlayersCombine.asp?OrderBy=+ORDER+BY+LastNAme%2C+FirstName%2C+PosNameShort%2C+Team&PlayerName=&pTeamID=99999999&PosNum=2

This site has up all the players at the combines officially recorded heights and weights and will put up their 40 times etc as they become available.

Leon is about 5'8 - 195lbs.

That's pretty pathetic and also pretty worrying, I was hoping he'd really bulk up and think he'll have to to be a great player at the next level.

Also Colt Brennan weighed in at 208 after weighing in at 185 in the senior bowl. very impressive that he could put on that weight in that little time span.

Deshaun Jackson draft stock also may have went waaaay down as he weighed in at a pitiful 165.:shock:

That's an incredibly disturbing figure for teams interested in him.

RSJ is correct I meant height/weight ratio.

That and hip size is important in projecting a players durability at the NFL level. A Pete had injury problems with his shoulder - but his hip size was huge. Therefor his legs should hold up well - but his upright running style leaves his upper body vulnerable.

One thing I don't like about you guys who seem to enjoy putting down McFadden (Iceman, especially you) is that you seem to think that because he's the same size as Leon it means he won't be a good back.

Leon has never really had a real chance to prove he could be the feature back and when he has been give oppurtunities he's been very good, our coaching staff is just too stupid to use him, often enough.

So guys, Hate on Mcfadden, Hate on the coaching staff, but stop hating on Leon.:lol:

That's pretty pathetic and also pretty worrying, I was hoping he'd really bulk up and think he'll have to to be a great player at the next level.

Also Colt Brennan weighed in at 208 after weighing in at 185 in the senior bowl. very impressive that he could put on that weight in that little time span.

Deshaun Jackson draft stock also may have went waaaay down as he weighed in at a pitiful 165.:shock:

That's an incredibly disturbing figure for teams interested in him.

If he's planning to run I'm not surprised that he wouldn't come in heavy. I think he and Jones have been working with some speed trainers. Guys looking to blow good times in the running events are not likely to pack on the pounds. Like Brian Leonard last year. 211 isn't that light.

One thing I don't like about you guys who seem to enjoy putting down McFadden (Iceman, especially you) is that you seem to think that because he's the same size as Leon it means he won't be a good back.

Leon has never really had a real chance to prove he could be the feature back and when he has been give oppurtunities he's been very good, our coaching staff is just too stupid to use him, often enough.

So guys, Hate on Mcfadden, Hate on the coaching staff, but stop hating on Leon.:lol:

Well no back his size has ever proven to be capable of having 25+ carries a game.

I'm not hating on Leon. But most people here don't seem to think Leon can be an everydown back cause of his size, yet McFadden will be a superstar everydown back when he's smaller. The reason I constantly bring up McFaddens size is cause people making him out to be this big bruising RB with loads of strength. He's tiny and just runs fast and unless he proves otherwise with a lot of reps of 225 at the combine I'm not believing that he can do anything but run.

I think he means ht/wt ratio and I believe Leon is 203.

I'm not hating on Leon. But most people here don't seem to think Leon can be an everydown back cause of his size, yet McFadden will be a superstar everydown back when he's smaller. The reason I constantly bring up McFaddens size is cause people making him out to be this big bruising RB with loads of strength. He's tiny and just runs fast and unless he proves otherwise with a lot of reps of 225 at the combine I'm not believing that he can do anything but run.

Hes 6ft1 alot taller then 5ft8...

Adrian peterson

Height:

6 foot 2

Weight:

218 pounds

Position:

Runningback

211 is pretty good. Addai is 214. Marion Barber is 220. Reggie Bush is 203. Ryan Grant is 218. Edgerrin James is 220.

Our very own Thomas Jones is...215. Maurice Jones-Drew is 212. Leon Washington is listed at 202. Brian Westbrook at 203.

So I guess most of these guys are too small themselves, especially Brian Westbrook. Honestly sometimes I wonder if some of you guys even care about how accurate you are when saying something.

I wouldn't actually be at all surprised if he could bench a lot, it's not his upper body strength that worries me more his legs. They're awfully skinny and make him a pretty easy target to tackle.

211 is pretty good. Addai is 214. Marion Barber is 220. Reggie Bush is 203. Ryan Grant is 218. Edgerrin James is 220.

Our very own Thomas Jones is...215. Maurice Jones-Drew is 212. Leon Washington is listed at 202. Brian Westbrook at 203.

So I guess most of these guys are too small themselves, especially Brian Westbrook. Honestly sometimes I wonder if some of you guys even care about how accurate you are when saying something.

But those guys aren't 6'1". Divide the weight by the height, then measure his hips to see how much of that weight is in his lower body which will take most of the pounding and get most of the wear. Then you get his true size.

Hes 6ft1 alot taller then 5ft8...

Adrian peterson

Height:

6 foot 2

Weight:

218 pounds

Position:

Runningback

Did you not see the height/weight ratio posts? He's small and doesn't have that much weight on him for his size. You can be 6'8" but if you way 211 that means sh*t. Also the Peterson refrences don't matter, Petersons body of work in college showed how strong he was and that he could break tackles. McFadden has not done that at all.

6'1 211 (and at 20 yrs old). I dont really see the problem if you just look at those 2 numbers.

You are bringing up another point (about his age) and if he can add weight to his frame. I don't think his frame is the problem, it's his legs and if he puts weight on his legs it will surely slow him down.

Did you not see the height/weight ratio posts? He's small and doesn't have that much weight on him for his size. You can be 6'8" but if you way 211 that means sh*t. Also the Peterson refrences don't matter, Petersons body of work in college showed how strong he was and that he could break tackles. McFadden has not done that at all.

Peterson has one inch on him and 7 pounds. How the hell is that majorly different to DMC. Like you pointed out, the taller the heavier he should be so that 7 pounds is kind on AP due to the height/weight ratio.

But those guys aren't 6'1". Divide the weight by the height, then measure his hips to see how much of that weight is in his lower body which will take most of the pounding and get most of the wear. Then you get his true size.

Ok. Addai is 5'11, only 2 inches shorter. Barber is 6', only an inch shorter. Bush is 6', also only an inch shorter, and plus he is almost 10 lbs lighter, so worse ratio. MJD is only 5'7, so yes his ratio would be better. Adrian Peterson is the same height and only 6 lbs heavier, not a whole lotta difference there. Brian Westbrook is 3 inches shorter, I don't think that's enough to make the ratio too different. And Leon Washington pretty much has the same build as MJD, but everyone says he's too small.

For the most part the average is about 6' 211ish or so. Maybe a few lbs heavier, but not really a whole lot. McFadden is right around the average, and he hasn't even started in the NFL yet. He'll get bigger within the next few years, most rookies are a bit lighter when they start and pack on more muscle after a few offseason training camps.

You do have a point about the lower body, but I don't necessarily think just having a block of muscle on the leg makes it less injury prone.

Peterson has one inch on him and 7 pounds. How the hell is that majorly different to DMC. Like you pointed out, the taller the heavier he should be so that 7 pounds is kind on AP due to the height/weight ratio.

Peterson is the same height and has 7 pounds on him. Also take into consideration that DMC's weight is mostly on his upper body. You can't take Toon's posts as gospel as he has lied about 5 times in this thread about people's weight.

http://www.nfl.com/players/adrianpeterson/profile?id=PET260705

And Leon Washington pretty much has the same build as MJD, but everyone says he's too small.

The same as Maurice Jones Drew?!?!?!?

In terms of height maybe but have you ever seen Jones drew's legs?? They're like tree trunks.

MJD has a pretty unique physique among all NFL RB's.

Ok. Addai is 5'11, only 2 inches shorter. Barber is 6', only an inch shorter. Bush is 6', also only an inch shorter, and plus he is almost 10 lbs lighter, so worse ratio. MJD is only 5'7, so yes his ratio would be better. Adrian Peterson is the same height and only 6 lbs heavier, not a whole lotta difference there. Brian Westbrook is 3 inches shorter, I don't think that's enough to make the ratio too different. And Leon Washington pretty much has the same build as MJD, but everyone says he's too small.

For the most part the average is about 6' 211ish or so. Maybe a few lbs heavier, but not really a whole lot. McFadden is right around the average, and he hasn't even started in the NFL yet. He'll get bigger within the next few years, most rookies are a bit lighter when they start and pack on more muscle after a few offseason training camps.

You do have a point about the lower body, but I don't necessarily think just having a block of muscle on the leg makes it less injury prone.

Well I'm just telling you that the lower body (hips) are the most important part of that equation. Everytime a RB gets the ball he has people at his legs trying to trip him up and hit him there, also smaller hips will result in worse leg drive.

Also, only 2 inches and only 6 pounds may not seem like a big difference - but it can be magnifield time 10 if it is disproportioned as well.

Peterson is the same height and has 7 pounds on him. Also take into consideration that DMC's weight is mostly on his upper body. You can't take Toon's posts as gospel as he has lied about 5 times in this thread about people's weight.

http://www.nfl.com/players/adrianpeterson/profile?id=PET260705

Well the link you provided says he has 6 pounds on him so your pulling a toon there.:rl:

6 pounds is nothing major at all and at 20 nothing McFadden can't put on.

You are bringing up another point (about his age) and if he can add weight to his frame. I don't think his frame is the problem, it's his legs and if he puts weight on his legs it will surely slow him down.

How would adding leg strength slow someone down????

It would speed them up if anything.

The same as Maurice Jones Drew?!?!?!?

In terms of height maybe but have you ever seen Jones drew's legs?? They're like tree trunks.

MJD has a pretty unique physique among all NFL RB's.

Well he's about the same height, maybe an inch shorter, and like 10 lbs heavier. 10 lbs of muscle is a lot, I guess you're right.

As you know though, I think Leon is our most talented player, and I think he can do fine. I don't think RBs really need to be that tall, and I think LW and Peterson have enough weight to be fine.

Barry Sanders, for comparison's sake, was listed at 5'8 203 when he played. Emmitt was listed 5'9 209, although I think he was probably bigger. Barry was actually probably smaller than his listed 203. Anyway the point is you don't really need the height, and the weight that Leon is at should be okay. I don't understand why we can't let him play.

Well I'm just telling you that the lower body (hips) are the most important part of that equation. Everytime a RB gets the ball he has people at his legs trying to trip him up and hit him there, also smaller hips will result in worse leg drive.

Also, only 2 inches and only 6 pounds may not seem like a big difference - but it can be magnifield time 10 if it is disproportioned as well.

I agree that his lower body is a concern and that is the primary reason I'm not sold on him, like Mayock pointed out they seem to go dead on contact.

I do believe he can bulk up his lower body which would not hurt his speed IMO.

How would adding leg strength slow someone down????

It would speed them up if anything.

Nah not necessarily. Muscle is added weight, there's like a cutoff where muscle starts slowing you down, no matter where it is. The added muscle could give you more power to drive off of, and some of the posters here argue that it also prevents injury. I think it'd probably slow him down some and cause him to fatigue quicker, although you really have to see how it affects that person specifically. People's bodys are different, it may have no effect, it might speed him up a bit, or it might slow him down, but then it might still be worth it if the slow down isn't too much but the power increase is great.

Archived