Neither one of these teams does things half-way, do they?

Bob

Last night, the Yanks go in the tank and Boston makes them pay, big-time.

Today, their All-Star pitcher gets bounced in the third as a guy whose BA is barely in triple digits hits a 2-rbi double.

These games are entertaining, for sure.

Still mad that Pavano beat your cubbies?? :lol:

And Pavano was GREAT in the postseason in 2003, dominated the Yankees.

Didn't see Clement do shiat in the NLCS

Yeah, man, those 10 hits and six earned runs over 5 innings in a no decision against my Cubbies sure proved me wrong about Pavano!

Yeah, man, those 10 hits and six earned runs over 5 innings in a no decision against my Cubbies sure proved me wrong about Pavano!

Where did you get that crap from? :shock:

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B10140CHN2003.htm

5.2 IP 2 ER

AND THE WIN

And how about Carl Pavano in the 2003 World Series?

Care to comment on his performance there?

Matt Clement is notorious for being a sissy on the big stage. Pavano DOMINATED the Yankees in the 2003 World Series.

Where did you get that crap from? :shock:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&p=85044

5.2 IP 2 ER

AND THE WIN

And how about Carl Pavano in the 2003 World Series?

Care to comment on his performance there?

Matt Clement is notorious for being a sissy on the big stage. Pavano DOMINATED the Yankees in the 2003 World Series.

Ok, that link you just posted took me to "Post a Reply". Damn, you owned me!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/5945

Pavano was the starter in the Friday night series opener, the one where Matsui won the game for the Yankees off of Will Ohman long after the starters were gone.

As for the 2003 World Series, I must confess to not watching a ton of it. My only real memory is of Alex Gonzalez hitting a walk-off homer. However, Pavano dominated an emotionally and physically drained Yankee team that had just come off the series of their lives against the Red Sox. Pavano was great that postseason, but that was 2003. And take from someone that knows it brutally, 2003 was a LONG time ago.

Ok, that link you just posted took me to "Post a Reply". Damn, you owned me!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/5945

Pavano was the starter in the Friday night series opener, the one where Matsui won the game for the Yankees off of Will Ohman long after the starters were gone.

As for the 2003 World Series, I must confess to not watching a ton of it. My only real memory is of Alex Gonzalez hitting a walk-off homer. However, Pavano dominated an emotionally and physically drained Yankee team that had just come off the series of their lives against the Red Sox. Pavano was great that postseason, but that was 2003. And take from someone that knows it brutally, 2003 was a LONG time ago.

I fixed my post. And I was talking about BIG STAGE as in the NLCS, not a regular season game against the cubs!

Pavano was not great this year, but he's been injured. I knew something was up because his velocity was WAY down from his 2004 season.

If he comes back 100% healthy, I think everybody here that doubts him will see why he was the #1 FA pitcher on the market last offseason and why Clement was brushed off to the side because he has no guts.

And it all matters in the postseason. Numberswise, it looks like Clement, barring a COMPLETE collapse in the 2nd half, will end up with better numbers than Pavano, but like I said its the postseason that matters, and I'll take Pavano over Clement

I've blocked nearly everything about that NLCS out of my mind. All I remember are Cubs-related things like Aramis' Grand Slam, Woody's game seven homer, and I seem to recall something about some little faggy-looking guy with glasses and headphones.

I've blocked nearly everything about that NLCS out of my mind. All I remember are Cubs-related things like Aramis' Grand Slam, Woody's game seven homer, and I seem to recall something about some little faggy-looking guy with glasses and headphones.

LOL!!

Archived