RP-Houson Street

RP-jEREMY gUTHRIE

P-Gil Meche

p-greg maddox

p-Tom gLAVINE

bn-Jason Jennings

All I can say is....

I wish I was in your division;)

Honestly, it doesn't look as good as many 20 team keeper league teams, lol...but I'll be nice and try to give some advice.

First off, was it an autodraft? If not, you've gotta get rid of those extra bats, they'll do nothing to help you. Secondly, you are badly short of relievers. Strong starters are great, but relievers win fantasy baseball leagues. Guys like K-rod, for instance, might not log the innings as say, a Dice-K(who I think is averaging going around the same time), but his K/9 are much better, and ERA/WHIP really help out in the long run as well.

Even mid relievers, guys like Tony Pena(Arizona) are great. Sure, they dont get a lot of saves, but they have the low ERA and WHIP totals, and usually get you a few wins and saves here and there. Regardless, its pointless to have that many P spots held by starters, since im guessing its a standard public league, and you'll run out of innings that way.

Finally, Griffey, Maddux and Glavine havent been very fantasy relivant in a few years, save deep leagues, and Glavine did have a great rebound year last year, very fantasy worthy. However, the end is near or has already passed for these guys. If you want them on your bench, thats fine, you never know when an old fan might offer above average value for them, or they might go on a hot streak and, again, get you a great deal more than they're worth. Don't start these guys though, they are old and unreliable at this point.

As for ranking...Id say in a 10 team league it'd probably finish 7th or 8th at best as is. You'll finish near the bottom if not last in saves, and Id assume no better than 5th in K's. Very risky group ERA/WHIP wise as well. Horrible batting average team. Make some deals, watch the waiver wires, and you can still contend IMO.

Honestly, it doesn't look as good as many 20 team keeper league teams, lol...but I'll be nice and try to give some advice.

First off, was it an autodraft? If not, you've gotta get rid of those extra bats, they'll do nothing to help you. Secondly, you are badly short of relievers. Strong starters are great, but relievers win fantasy baseball leagues. Guys like K-rod, for instance, might not log the innings as say, a Dice-K(who I think is averaging going around the same time), but his K/9 are much better, and ERA/WHIP really help out in the long run as well.

Even mid relievers, guys like Tony Pena(Arizona) are great. Sure, they dont get a lot of saves, but they have the low ERA and WHIP totals, and usually get you a few wins and saves here and there. Regardless, its pointless to have that many P spots held by starters, since im guessing its a standard public league, and you'll run out of innings that way.

Finally, Griffey, Maddux and Glavine havent been very fantasy relivant in a few years, save deep leagues, and Glavine did have a great rebound year last year, very fantasy worthy. However, the end is near or has already passed for these guys. If you want them on your bench, thats fine, you never know when an old fan might offer above average value for them, or they might go on a hot streak and, again, get you a great deal more than they're worth. Don't start these guys though, they are old and unreliable at this point.

As for ranking...Id say in a 10 team league it'd probably finish 7th or 8th at best as is. You'll finish near the bottom if not last in saves, and Id assume no better than 5th in K's. Very risky group ERA/WHIP wise as well. Horrible batting average team. Make some deals, watch the waiver wires, and you can still contend IMO.

the reason for all the bench players are you always need a backup catcher

and then the 3 backup of because griffey and wells get days off

and my pitchers i have a quick hook if they have a few bad outings i will cut them

the reason for all the bench players are you always need a backup catcher

You really dont need a back up catcher. I went trough a whole season with Posada and finished in first. You need to have alot of pitching. Position players will do what they do and thats it. Pitchers will stack up K's, lower ERA and whip. Also wins is important. Glavine and Maddux will combine for 25 wins while Beckett, Santana, Peavy Webb etc will get 20 on their own.

and then the 3 backup of because griffey and wells get days off

Yeah they get days off, 2 back up OF's is all you need. For infield get one good utility player who can play most positions. Dont get a SS, a 2B only back up, someone like Rich Aurilea

and my pitchers i have a quick hook if they have a few bad outings i will cut them

dont cut pitchers because of one or two bad outings. Pitchers are very touch and go. Have enough on your team and you could bench a starter for a few starts until he is back on par.

C-A.J Pirenski

1b-Lance Berkman

2b -Dan Uggla

3B-Garett Atkins

ss-Jose Reyes

OF-Brad HaWPE

of-VeRNON wELLS

Of-Ken Griffey Jr

UTIL-Josh Willingham

bn Ty Wigginton

bn Orlando Hudson

bn -jOHN bUCK

bn -Jack Cust

bn -Travis Buck

SP-Ian Snell

SP-jOHN mAine

SP-Ben Sheets

RP-Houson Street

RP-jEREMY gUTHRIE

P-Gil Meche

p-greg maddox

p-Tom gLAVINE

bn-Jason Jennings

It seems to me you have too many NL hitters. And if Griffey gets hurt, as he has been for most of the past 8 years or so, and Wells does not come back and play like he did before he was a $100+ million man, your offense is pretty poor.

Archived