Wide Receiver need

MTJ06

I see many here who say we need a slot receiver or a number 3 option to play behind Coles and cotch, while I tend to think that we need a number 1 option above Coles & Cotch, someone who turns field goals into Tds in the red zone. A big target a guy who puts points on the board. If we get rid of Coles in any way we then would need 2 receiving threats added to our core in order to be solid. What does everybody else think?

I see many here who say we need a slot receiver or a number 3 option to play behind Coles and cotch, while I tend to think that we need a number 1 option above Coles & Cotch, someone who turns field goals into Tds in the red zone. A big target a guy who puts points on the board. If we get rid of Coles in any way we then would need 2 receiving threats added to our core in order to be solid. What does everybody else think?

I agree. I think Hardy, Sweed, and Manningham would all be good fits. For one, they'd give us another threat, and two, any of them would make Coles expandable, knowing we have a viable replacement behind him.

I don't think we need to draft anyone to create a niche as a slot guy, i think stuckey could do that. If we were to draft a slot guy, i would look for someone in the 6th round or so, someone like devone bess would be adequate.

I definately agree that we need a #1 reciever; if i had to make a bigboard for them it would go something like this;

1a)Limas Sweed - has everything you look for in a #1 WR

1b)Malcolm kelly - Like sweed, he has everything you could want in a #1 WR and could surpass sweed if he runs well on his proday. His timed speed is still a bit of a concern

3)James Hardy - Not someone i would call a lock to be a true #1. He is an animal in the redzone and could develop to be a #1, but would be a very good #2 redzone threat to pair with a more speed WR.

4)Devin Thomas - I think this guy is the complete package, but he only had one good year so i'm not sure how consistent he is.

5)Mario Manningham - Slow timed speed, but if you watch him you know he's a player. He has some durability issues and isn't the toughest guy, but he can definately play.

I'm leaving Desean Jackson off the list, becuase he is going to go in the first round and i just don't think he fits with this team; 5'9 170ish. He's fast and a tremendous weapon, but i would take sweed and kelly over him all day.

Than there is some very solid players to be had after your big guys; Early doucet, andrew caldwell and one of my favorites is early bennett.

I don't think we need to draft anyone to create a niche as a slot guy, i think stuckey could do that. If we were to draft a slot guy, i would look for someone in the 6th round or so, someone like devone bess would be adequate.

I definately agree that we need a #1 reciever; if i had to make a bigboard for them it would go something like this;

1b)Malcolm kelly - Like sweed, he has everything you could want in a #1 WR and could surpass sweed if he runs well on his proday. His timed speed is still a bit of a concern

3)James Hardy - Not someone i would call a lock to be a true #1. He is an animal in the redzone and could develop to be a #1, but would be a very good #2 redzone threat to pair with a more speed WR.

4)Devin Thomas - I think this guy is the complete package, but he only had one good year so i'm not sure how consistent he is.

5)Mario Manningham - Slow timed speed, but if you watch him you know he's a player. He has some durability issues and isn't the toughest guy, but he can definately play.

I'm leaving Desean Jackson off the list, becuase he is going to go in the first round and i just don't think he fits with this team; 5'9 170ish. He's fast and a tremendous weapon, but i would take sweed and kelly over him all day.

Than there is some very solid players to be had after your big guys; Early doucet, andrew caldwell and one of my favorites is early bennett.

I dont follow college as much as I should, any reason why kelly started off hot (7tds first 3 games) and then seemed to Fade(9tds on the year)?

I like Stuckey but can he stay healthy? Don't forget we also have David Ball who I like as well. I still think we WILL draft a WR some where near the middle rounds.

I dont follow college as much as I should, any reason why kelly started off hot (7tds first 3 games) and then seemed to Fade(9tds on the year)?

He had a deep thigh bruise in the second half of the season and played through it and his QB, came back to earth a bit in the second half of the year. Teams started doubling him all over the field, too. If you look at the splits for the other receiver Iglesias, they are in inverse proportion to Kelly's.

Archived