Count your blessings Yankee/Bosox fans

Green Jets & Ham

You are living through history

You have a front row seat to baseball history

50 Years from now ... 100 Years from now ... if the world is still here historians will be waxing poetiic about THIS ERA of the Yankees/Bosox rivalry

Through all of the banter and all of the back and forth, I hope all Yankees/Bosox fans GET THAT?

This here, RIGHT NOW, is the Greatest era of the Greatest rivalry in sports ... and there is not even a close second

Never before in the history of Yankees/Bosox have both teams been this good for this long at the same time

In that regard this era is unprecedented even in the history of this Great rivalry ... the stakes have never been higher for both teams, simultaniously, for anything even approaching the longevity of this Yankees/Bosox run, and that is a fact

And outside of that one blip ... 1978 ... which was technically NOT a playoff game {goes in the books as an extension of the regular season} ... only THIS ERA has seen the Yankees and Bosox exchanging haymakers in the post season ... YEAR AFTER YEAR

And these games, even regular season games, have produced some absolute baseball classics ... culminating in knockdown/bare-knuckle wars {in a baseball sense} in the post season

INDEED we are living through history ... history folks will be talking about long after we are gone ... pointing to THIS ERA to prove there has never been a rivalry as fierce as Yankees/Red Sox

In short, baseball historians are going to have a field day writing about THIS ERA of Yankees/Red Sox, and we have a FRONT ROW SEAT

...yes, and history also had me see me the biggest choke in sports history last year. I like history! :lol: I make a funny, no?

It's true ... this is history precisely because it has been so hotly contested ... from the heartbreak of Aaron Boone {for RSN}, to the heartbreak of blowing a 3-0 lead the following year {for Yankee fans}

And the thrilling/heartbreaking moments ... post and regular season ... have been to numerous to count

In recent years this rivalry has been dynamite ... DYNAMITE ... filled with the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, for both sides

They'll be writting about this era long after we are gone

Ham

I just hope that we both make it to the postseason. We're beating each other up while newcomers like the White Sox are just blowing by us.

And if the Yanks and Red Sox didn't make the playoffs, how boring it would be! The Yankees and Red Sox MAKE the playoffs. Get it?

The white sox do not scare me 1 bit.

I'd love to get a crack at them.

Have we even played them this year? Are we going to?

Garland is a good pitcher, but Buerle, I'll never trust. I think the Yankees would rock him hard.

Ham

I just hope that we both make it to the postseason. We're beating each other up while newcomers like the White Sox are just blowing by us.

And if the Yanks and Red Sox didn't make the playoffs, how boring it would be! The Yankees and Red Sox MAKE the playoffs. Get it?

I'm with you, tabor ... this playoff battle must continue ... the post season would not seem the same without it

Let's be honest, it's always nice to win ... neither one of us would give the WS trophy back if we don't need to go through our blood rivals to get it ... but it is SO MUCH SWEETER when we need to go through one another ... and absolutely there will be a palpable void felt by all of us if the Yankees and Red Sox are not exchanging haymakers in the post season this year ... it will almost feel strange not to see the other team on the road to the WS

But you are correct ... the White Sox are definitely for real ... if either team sleeps on the White Sox in the ALDS {should we both make the post season}, that team will not be around for the ALCS

Having said that, even with the White Sox gaudy record in 2005, I still believe the Yankees and Red Sox will be the last teams standing in the A.L. when the final dust settles

And then ... IT'S ON!! :wink:

Archived