My First Jets Mock Draft for '08

jetfuel

this was my 2007 Mock before draft day and the crazy moves that we may see again

ROUND 1 (25): CB DARELLE REVIS (PITT)

ROUND 2 (59): ILB DAVID HARRIS ( MICH)

ROUND 2B (63): DT/DE JUSTIN HARRELL (TENNESSEE)

ROUND 3 (89): WR CHANSI STUCKEY (CLEMSON)

ROUND 5 (164): TE MARTREZ MILNER (GEORGIA)

ROUND 6 (177): DT LOUIS LEONARD (FRESNO ST.)

I had Stuckey going 3rd round ... LOL ... but I did get three of the four eventual picks.

We need some OLine to develope

Expect more than 1 OLineman

That's why they have Robert Turner, Cliff Oldenburg, Jacob Bender, Matt McChesney and Stacey Daniels. I wouldn't be surprised if they take an OL but to assume they are gonna take 2 is a bit much. As for the assumption that they are gonna draft someone to start over Moore or to play RT and Woody will be playing RG, it's not gonna happen. Moore was just locked up to a long term prior to last season, so all 5 of them are signed for at least the next three years. There is no rush in their minds to find a replacement and they have a few developmental guys they like a lot already in house. I'll trust them in making the picks, but if they take two OL in this draft I will not be dancing a jig. It's time to get some more playmakers in this draft.

I'd be happy with the first two round. I don't know that much about college ball to comments about 4th 5th 6th and 7th round prospects.

I'm not going to claim to be an expert. I do see those guys as fitting the Jets scheme and most of their needs. Hardy and a healthy Stuckey (please oh please) would make a nice upgrade to this passing game immediately.

this was my 2007 Mock before draft day and the crazy moves that we may see again

ROUND 1 (25): CB DARELLE REVIS (PITT)

ROUND 2 (59): ILB DAVID HARRIS ( MICH)

ROUND 2B (63): DT/DE JUSTIN HARRELL (TENNESSEE)

ROUND 3 (89): WR CHANSI STUCKEY (CLEMSON)

ROUND 5 (164): TE MARTREZ MILNER (GEORGIA)

ROUND 6 (177): DT LOUIS LEONARD (FRESNO ST.)

I had Stuckey going 3rd round ... LOL ... but I did get three of the four eventual picks.

If that was your draft, excellent job.

Even Stuckey wasn't really much of a reach at 3, he had a 4th round value. The reason he fell is because he is injured all the time.

If that jinx is over, they got a steal in the 7th. That's a big if

If that was your draft, excellent job.

Even Stuckey wasn't really much of a reach at 3, he had a 4th round value. The reason he fell is because he is injured all the time.

If that jinx is over, they got a steal in the 7th. That's a big if

I was pleasently surprised when they got him in the 7th. I figured he was gone already. I don't think he was hurt bad last year. As far as I know it was a 4 week thing tops. I think they used the IR on him for roster purposes as they figured they would get more out of Smith and McCaerins (God knows why). We'll see ... fingers crossed because if he stays healthy he will make a nice weapon to go along with Coles and Cotchery and whoever they might draft.

I don't want Hardy. Devon Thomas is the pick if he's stil there. Would also take McFadden or either Long if they were there at #6 over Gholston.

Devin Thomas will most likely go late 1st round. To be honest I'd rather have Hardy, Sweed, or Kelly anyway but that's just a matter of opinion. If you mean Chris Long over Gholston that sounds alright, but again he will be gone before the Jets pick. If McFadden is there, they should see what they can get as compensation for a trade. Investing all that money into a HB right now does not sound like a wise decision. Unless they are trading TJ on draft day, I would be SHOCKED if they pick McFadden. Personally I don't want him. If they are going HB I'd rather have Stewart in the 2nd if he's there. I don't see HB as a need on this team. Maybe next year or the year after. TJ will have an awesome year with this line, Baker and Franks, and T. Richardson back there. I still can't believe Jets fans saying Jones sucks. It's just pure ignorance. The guy carried the Bears Offense to a SUper Bowl and was their best player in the Super Bowl. Then he played on a new team with a horrendous O-Line last year, still managed about 1,200 yards, and everyone thinks he's finished or he's just not that good. Whatever! Again, this is all opinion.

I was pleasently surprised when they got him in the 7th. I figured he was gone already. I don't think he was hurt bad last year. As far as I know it was a 4 week thing tops. I think they used the IR on him for roster purposes as they figured they would get more out of Smith and McCaerins (God knows why). We'll see ... fingers crossed because if he stays healthy he will make a nice weapon to go along with Coles and Cotchery and whoever they might draft.

Stucky had an excellent camp last year. The one thing he doesn't get credit for is he has good upfield speed.

If they do take Hardy in the second they might have an excellent passing attack.

I like your draft this year, but really think they will take an OL in the 4th. This is a very good draft for OL and there should be some excellent value in the 4th.

im loving all the picks especially kendall langford...i'd like to get shawn crable if possible as he can play inside or outside and if he bulks up can play some DE...gatewood looks like a good pick though...also instead of jackson i'd like to get antwaun molden, i think he can come in right away and start opposite revis..

Stucky had an excellent camp last year. The one thing he doesn't get credit for is he has good upfield speed.

If they do take Hardy in the second they might have an excellent passing attack.

I like your draft this year, but really think they will take an OL in the 4th. This is a very good draft for OL and there should be some excellent value in the 4th.

They might, but remember that they have Moore, Woody, Fergusson, Mangold and Faneca all locked up for the next 5 years. Moore got a 6 year deal last year and everyone seems to forget that. They also have 5 guys on the team that they are developing and seem to like in Robert Turner, Cliff Oldenburg, Stacey Daniels, Jacob Bender and Matt McChesney. I would think maybe they go for someone in the 7th if they do go OL. You never know though. That's why I'm sitting at my desk and Tannenbaum and Mangini are making the picks :-)

As for Hardy and Stuckey being added to Coles and Cotchery ... I'm already salivating (not in a rainbow coalition sort of way). That would be a nice and diverse mix.

im loving all the picks especially kendall langford...i'd like to get shawn crable if possible as he can play inside or outside and if he bulks up can play some DE...gatewood looks like a good pick though...also instead of jackson i'd like to get antwaun molden, i think he can come in right away and start opposite revis..

It's funny you say Molden. I had him with one of the 7th rounders. I thought they had two when I first drew it up but according to NFL.com they only have 1. Maybe he'll go sooner than I thought. I've heard them say he'd make a better FS than a CB in the NFL and that he would go late in the draft. I have heard he is better than people have him graded though. Not sure if I'd take him in the 4th but it is still a funny coincidence that you mentioned him. I haven't seen him play a lot personally. You think he's good enough to start? I like Crable too. It's just tough when you only have so many picks. Glad I'm not the GM.

It's funny you say Molden. I had him with one of the 7th rounders. I thought they had two when I first drew it up but according to NFL.com they only have 1. Maybe he'll go sooner than I thought. I've heard them say he'd make a better FS than a CB in the NFL and that he would go late in the draft. I have heard he is better than people have him graded though. Not sure if I'd take him in the 4th but it is still a funny coincidence that you mentioned him. I haven't seen him play a lot personally. You think he's good enough to start? I like Crable too. It's just tough when you only have so many picks. Glad I'm not the GM.
after watching this video http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---antwaun-molden---cb?autoplay=true it seems like he has the tools to be an elite CB in the league...only time will tell though, i would still like to have him on our squad....yeah your right we only have so many picks, hopefully we can do some crafty moves and get some more picks

Archived