Just picked up Sporting News Draft Guide and ....

jetfuel

was shocked at where Gholston was projected. I'm thinking they make these things before a lot of the hype so I take it for what it's worth, and of course mock drafts are always a game of guess work to a certain degree (no matter how knowing an "expert" may be). Anyway, out of three mock drafts they had, he went 16 to Arizona in one, 23 to Pittsburgh in one, and 33 to St. Louis in the other. Just thought that was interesting and indicative of how unpredictable a draft can be and how much hype plays into things. All it takes is one or two surprise picks or a little negativity about a certain player and all hell breaks loose.

yeah what's the release date on that draft guide?

What's the difference? All it proves is that hype changes a lot about where people are slotted in a mock draft. It was put out in March if you're wondering which means it was probably finished up in February. Have the college players played a bunch of games since then? Cromartie is a third round prospect in there too which is what he was until the combine and the hype.

was shocked at where Gholston was projected. I'm thinking they make these things before a lot of the hype so I take it for what it's worth, and of course mock drafts are always a game of guess work to a certain degree (no matter how knowing an "expert" may be). Anyway, out of three mock drafts they had, he went 16 to Arizona in one, 23 to Pittsburgh in one, and 33 to St. Louis in the other. Just thought that was interesting and indicative of how unpredictable a draft can be and how much hype plays into things. All it takes is one or two surprise picks or a little negativity about a certain player and all hell breaks loose.

i remember seeing gholston in the second pre combine....that has obviously changed

Sounds like they put that together before any Pro Day, the Combine or the Senior Bowl. That or they just drew names out of a hat.

I'm sure you'd be glad to know that DMC was the Jets pick in two of them :puke:

Archived