UEFA Cup Final

uart

LOL, Rangers suck.

They are the most negative team I've ever seen.

Yeah, they really suck. They went to a European final, and they're on the verge of a treble. All of it despite the fact that they've crammed a ton of games into a very short period of time and have been troubled by injuries.

They obviously suck.

Uart, your team rode it's luck but were well beaten today. The right team won. Don't get me wrong, I wanted youse to win very badly, but the quality of football was with Zenit.

You now face Queen of the South for the Scottish Cup. Please.

The biggest joke is on Celtic if you win the league with this quality of team. Rangers are a nice outfit, well coached, but the games I have seen of them have been average at best. Sorry, man.

Rangers relied on a strong defense this season, and it has worked for them. I agree that we don't have the best offensive team in Europe, or perhaps even in Scotland. However, I don't think it is luck that Rangers were able to match up defensively against a lot of great teams this year, including some offensive powerhouses like Barcelona.

Defense wins championships. In almost any sport. Rangers play defense as well as anyone, and deserved every win they have got.

The economics of the game mean that clubs like Rangers have to choose between signing the big-money big-show players like Cristiano Ronaldo or building a more balanced team. Rangers spend their money wisely, putting together an excellent defense (Cuellar and Weir were nothing short of excellent).

Nonetheless, Rangers played that game with our first choice Keeper, two Strikers and our fastest midfielder out for either injuries or on red cards. And it has been like that for much of the year. The luck has been running against Rangers this year, at least in that respect.

I would note, however, that DaMarcus Beasley will be returning to finish out the season after spending 6 months recovering from an injury. So Rangers won't be winning the league with "that quality team."

You never watch Italian football?

My point is they were much more negative than even the Italians. (I do Watch Italian Football all the time BTW).

In the Fiorentina match it was all Fiorentina (An Italian team) doing all the attacking. Rangers were just getting everyone behind the ball and hoping to hold out for a 0-0. They had no intention of attacking them at all. Those tactics were always going to be exploited eventually when they faced a quality attacking side.

They showed absolutely no ambition whatsoever, just hoofed it up towards Darchville and hoped for the best. Pretty pathetic IMO.

BTW some of the Rangers 'fans' reaction after the match was simply disgraceful. Some of the clips I've seen were truly sickening.

I should have altered my post to read Italian football in the 90s.

Anyway, here are a couple of photos from the disgusting riots by Rangers "fans":

Hun hardman one minute:

dignity.jpg

Hun hardman a few minutes later:

r4te1.png

Archived