Crybaby Baker rips Jets - PFT.com

I dont like how people are disrespecting this man like he did something wrong. This wouldnt be the first time a team stated a contract restructure then when the offseason came there were som "opportunities" that came that organizations way and all of a sudden people are very forgetful. bottomline is this, baker shouldnt take this personal...which he's doing. this is business. He should never think that a contract his his until he actually signs the contract, people in business say alot of things, but one thing that is absolutely true all the time is that when they do things its in the best interest of the organization not the "player".

P.S. To all the Jet fans calling baker out, disrespecting him. This is business. We can stick with a team that has been the embodiment of what it is to be a failure for 30+ years yet we as jet fans have the balls to call a man out that has been the only solid TE that we've had the last decade. Im not saying that you have to agree with him, cuz you dont. but all this outrage for nothing.....Its not like this dude is Chad Pennington chewing up all the damn money for a bum juice arm, and til this very day Chad gets respect from the majority of this forum and he hasnt been relevant for 6 years.

Disrespecting him? I better watch out or he'll cap me... :) Thats a tired old phrase. Chris Baker or anyone else shouldnt care if Im "dissing" him.

Its sports talk. We are not happy he is causing another headache with this team. We saw it last year, we dont want it again.

He signed a 4 year deal worth about 6.6 mil. Thats 1.65 mil per year. He was an unrestricted FA. He resigned with the Jets for this deal because no one else would. LY he got 850,000 salary, 1mil signing bonus and 150,000 bonus. 2 mil. And he's bitching and moaning?

Only good TE get more than 2 mil a year. He isnt good. He is mediocre. He is paid mediocre. Its his fault he signed this deal. Shut up and play.

really? Where?

Maybe on three or four teams, thats about it. Most teams have younger or better players in place.

Chris Baker is nothing special and if he remains on the roster this season, which he most likely will not, he will be the third Tight End not because of his speaking out, but because he isn't as good as Franks or Keller and the organization doesn't believe in him. If they did, Franks and Keller wouldn't be here.

Maybe on three or four teams, thats about it. Most teams have younger or better players in place.

Chris Baker is nothing special and if he remains on the roster this season, which he most likely will not, he will be the third Tight End not because of his speaking out, but because he isn't as good as Franks or Keller and the organization doesn't believe in him. If they did, Franks and Keller wouldn't be here.

bingo_logo.jpg

they read it in a paper so it must be true.

517,500 last years salary. cap # 1.38 mil.

Looks like Heath should hold out and badmouth the team huh? Steelers line was awful last year, he had to stay in to block a lot. Still did better recieving than Baker though anyway.

Chris Baker is the 20th highest paid Tight End in the NFL and his statistics were 19th best. Looks like he's getting paid exactly how he should be.. belowe average. Screw you Chris. :Typotux:

Chris Baker is the 20th highest paid Tight End in the NFL and his statistics were 19th best.

Yeah, but he managed to be the 19th best TE on an offense ranked 26th overall. In a situation where he was never a go to guy, but instead frequently used to help bolster a bad OL.

I don't like the comments. I think he's getting bad advice. But I can also appreciate that NFL careers are short, and players need to get paid while they're playing well. Unfortunately, Baker has very little leverage in this situation. Far less than Pete Kendall last year, that's for sure.

The good news is this:

In practice 2 of Day 1, the star was … TE Chris Baker.

Four hours after ripping the organization for refusing to renegotiate his contract, Baker went out and made two diving catches in practice. On the first catch, a terrific juggling grab on an ‘out’ route from Chad Pennington, Baker drew some hoots and hollers from nearby teammates. Baker is a popular player on the team, and there’s no doubt they were happy to see him do well, considering his battle with management.

He's there, and he's working hard demonstrating in person that he's still the team's starting TE - deservedly so. Maybe he keeps up the good work, and management throws him a little bone before the season starts. That'd be fine with me. I've always liked Baker as a receiver and feel he's pretty underrated around these parts.

And if he doesn't get his money, maybe he can put himself in a position to be worth something in a trade next year. Bottom line is that he's got to show up to work, and he seems to understand that.

I find the whining about Chris Baker's whining to be a little ironic.

Yeah, but he managed to be the 19th best TE on an offense ranked 26th overall. In a situation where he was never a go to guy, but instead frequently used to help bolster a bad OL.

Max, can we do something about these agents signing up and posting on JN? First it was ecurb, who might have also been Chad's lover, then it was Mrs. Lia Edwards, ny junc, now it is this guy.

If only to at least get the higher quality agents on here. Why can't we have, say, Rhodes agent on here? I guess that quality agent gets his athlete a good contract when he warrants it so we don't hear anything though...we only hear about the agents for the crappy athletes making ridiculous arguments.

It's the same argument that Chad makes too. It's not his fault everyone else around him sucks! If not for everyone else's suckiness, this would be a top ranked unit!

Max, can we do something about these agents signing up and posting on JN? First it was ecurb, who might have also been Chad's lover, then it was Mrs. Lia Edwards, ny junc, now it is this guy.

If only to at least get the higher quality agents on here. Why can't we have, say, Rhodes agent on here? I guess that quality agent gets his athlete a good contract when he warrants it so we don't hear anything though...we only hear about the agents for the crappy athletes making ridiculous arguments.

It's the same argument that Chad makes too. It's not his fault everyone else around him sucks! If not for everyone else's suckiness, this would be a top ranked unit!

Did you read the rest of my post?

I'm not thrilled with his comments, either, and if I was his agent we'd be going about this a different way. Probably not doing anything but going to work given his absolute lack of leverage.

And now he is at work, so why give a crap about his contract? Even if he were to get a bump, it would hardly be a ripple on the Jets' salary cap. It should be a non-issue.

Still it seems like there's a lot more whining about Chris Baker than there is coming from Chris Baker.

Archived