Rosenthal: Yankees shopping Hawkins

Lil Bit Special

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8233548/Win-now-mentality-has-Dodgers-looking-to-deal-Kemp-?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=49

The Yankees are aggressively shopping right-hander LaTroy Hawkins, two rival executives say, intending to clear a spot for a reliever who currently is at Class AAA.

Righty J.B. Cox, who missed all of last season after undergoing elbow-ligament transplant surgery, is one candidate; he began the season at Class A, but has since moved to AAA, where he has allowed one run in 12 1/3 innings.

Righty David Robertson, who began the season at AA, also has been impressive at AAA. Hawkins, signed to a one-year, $3.75 million free-agent contract, has a 6.08 ERA in 22 appearances . . .

Can't believe there is much of a market for him. Just getting rid of him may be a plus though.

Personally, I like JB Cox, but Robertson has really pitched well the past 2 seasons. He deserves the spot, if it's between those 2.

Can't believe there is much of a market for him. Just getting rid of him may be a plus though.

Personally, I like JB Cox, but Robertson has really pitched well the past 2 seasons. He deserves the spot, if it's between those 2.

Agreed. I thought he would need more time to work out his control issues, but it appears he's solved them already. His numbers at AAA are disgusting.

Agreed. I thought he would need more time to work out his control issues, but it appears he's solved them already. His numbers at AAA are disgusting.

And check out his combined stats from 2007. Unreal. A strikeout artist, and he does not throw anywhere near 95!!.

Archived