Yanks should make a run at Fuentes

AFJF

from ESPN insider

According to the Denver Post, the Tampa Bay Rays had a scout at Coors Field on Saturday and are preparing to make an aggressive offer for Rockies' closer Brian Fuentes.

The Rockies are looking for just one quality prospect in return for Fuentes

If all the Rockies want is one quality prospect then cashman should be working this.

I'd love to see the Yankees go get some bats but if they do, who the hell do they bench?

since there are so few good left MR, its going to take more than 1 prospect to get Fuentes.

MR is the hottest and most overpriced market heading towards the trading deadline.

Agreed. That's why I was basing my comment on what ESPN was reporting. If the Rockies are in fact willing to part with him for one legit prospect I make the move. If they want a kings ransom then no thanks.

Agreed. That's why I was basing my comment on what ESPN was reporting. If the Rockies are in fact willing to part with him for one legit prospect I make the move. If they want a kings ransom then no thanks.

i read some follow up stuff after posting and it seems he can be had for one good prospect. Only problem is Tampa will probably try to do a package deal with Holliday and Fuentes...

Fuentes is a FA after this year, so they probably can get him for 1 good and 1 marginal prospect... but is that worth it...

The Yankees have one of the best bullpens in baseball right now. They do not need a set-up man. What they should focus on is getting another hitter. WHo would be benched? I would guess Gardner or Melky--aka not that big of a deal...

Abreu is making a case for himself as well.

The Yankees have one of the best bullpens in baseball right now. They do not need a set-up man. What they should focus on is getting another hitter. WHo would be benched? I would guess Gardner or Melky--aka not that big of a deal...

When Damon and Matsui come back then who sits? Only one guy can DH, and Abreus salary makes him hard to bench.

well one of gardner and melky will be traded if we look for an outfeilder. abreu,matsui,damon contract are so high for alot of teams to pick up and if they do i think would have tthe arod thig and pay like half of salary.

My person opinion, I wouldn't even look at this guy, if he would cost anything more then someone like Jeffrey Marquez.

I think the bullpen is absolutely fine.

Rivera 1.12 ERA

Veras 2.54 ERA

Giese 2.82 ERA

Ramirez 2.90 ERA

Farnsworth 3.69 ERA

I still don't really have trust in Edwar Ramirez, but he's been proving me wrong, and Girardi really did fix Farnsworth thus far. Also we have Chris Britton who is almost back, and David Robertson has done great so far, and in key situations as well with a 3.00 ERA.

This Yankee bullpen is fine, we need either a Starting Pitcher, or a Corner Outfielder.

Archived