Favre's 8/13 PC

NY JETS 29

I thought Brett said a lot of good things. He's honest with expectations early and really down playing expectations which to me is a good thing. He isn't setting himself up for failure. Some stuff I took notice to was the stuff with LC. It seems Brett is trying to get on the same page with Coles and their both professionals and Coles will come around and like Tyson mentioned in a thread earlier this week the LC issue will be a non story soon. He's unhappy a good friend isnt here anymore it's a normal feeling, but he tends to cry a lot we know that, but LC is a warrior and I love the hell out of him. I thought it was funny how Brett said he would of liked a few snaps last week in Cleveland. He's hungry just to start playing. I also liked how he just said he doesnt like studying or practicing and if any other QB in the NFL minus a Brady and Manning said that you would probably be a little worried, but it's Brett and he lives for Sunday and we know when Sunday comes he is going to do whatever it takes to win, so personally I'm ok with that stuff. It seems the coaches arent overwhelming him early with the playbook which is a good thing, but we also dont want to have such a limited arsenal early in the season when things will probably be the rockiest for this team as they learn to gel, hopefully that wont be an issue. Also good to hear he likes Eric and respects what he is doing here considering Brett is a year older and I also thought it was funny how he made light of the penalty laps.

All and all Brett seems like a 38 year old man who needs to get into shape but is excited to be here and really wants to help this team win. He doesnt want to say it but hes thinking Superbowl which as a fan is great feeling to know that with someone like Brett under center anything can happen. It was a good presser and Im excited to see how many series he gets on Saturday night.

Thoughts on the presser?

Archived