The Red Sox Bullpen.......

Gainzo

It's not great, but not atrocious. Certainly not as solid as it has been but as of right now I'm looking at this:

get to the playoffs.

hope someone knocks off the Angels, or hope we catch lightning in a bottle.

The Angels are the ONLY AL team that scares me this year. As for the NL: looks like it could be the Cubs year!

It's not great, but not atrocious. Certainly not as solid as it has been but as of right now I'm looking at this:

get to the playoffs.

hope someone knocks off the Angels, or hope we catch lightning in a bottle.

The Angels are the ONLY AL team that scares me this year. As for the NL: looks like it could be the Cubs year!

The Angels are so far ahead in the West that maybe, just maybe, they wont be ready for the playoffs.

I doubt that scenario but I can dream.

The Angels are so far ahead in the West that maybe, just maybe, they wont be ready for the playoffs.

I doubt that scenario but I can dream.

The Angels look like they could Blitzkrieg anything in their path right now but teams get hot and cool off during the course of the season. Let's see how they do once the post season starts.

The Angels are in a league of their own. They have probably the smartest manager in baseball, great pitching, great clutch hitting, and a great bullpen. All these reasons are why the Angels are going to the World Series, and winning it as well.

The Angels aren't only ahead of everyone else, they're also way ahead of Boston as well, obviously from the 8-1 record against them.

The Angels are in a league of their own. They have probably the smartest manager in baseball, great pitching, great clutch hitting, and a great bullpen. All these reasons are why the Angels are going to the World Series, and winning it as well.

The Angels aren't only ahead of everyone else, they're also way ahead of Boston as well, obviously from the 8-1 record against them.

The Angels have done very well against the Sox in the regular season. Will it translate to October? It hasn't before.

As for the 'pen, Okajima has been decent, but not close to last season, but still fairly reliable. And Masterson has adjusted really well to coming out of the pen and given the Sox a lot of quality innings. Starters are going to have to pitch deep in to games (that means Dice-K and Clay) for the Sox to make a significant push in the postseason.

The pythagorean theorem says otherwise.

The Angels have done very well against the Sox in the regular season. Will it translate to October? It hasn't before.

As for the 'pen, Okajima has been decent, but not close to last season, but still fairly reliable. And Masterson has adjusted really well to coming out of the pen and given the Sox a lot of quality innings. Starters are going to have to pitch deep in to games (that means Dice-K and Clay) for the Sox to make a significant push in the postseason.

I like the Red Sox chances in any short series because of Beckett. He's probably the best big game pitcher in the bigs right now.

Apart from Papelbon, and maybe Delcarmen, the Sox bullpen is atrocious.

gainzo as a fellow sox fan, i have to say you are wrong, very wrong. Delcarmen is crap, all he throws is fastballs and he has horrific location. Aardsma is decent at times. timlin is over the hill. Masterson is getting better, but average now.

and what the hell is going on with Okajima. did opponents figure him out or is there something personal going on that no one knows about.

Archived