POTW - Missed this week

POTW Bot

Topic: Bradway on the Combine, Then and Now

"That's what makes it so ironic," Bradway added, "that one day as the Jets GM, I'd trade two 1st rounds picks and a 4th rounder for a bowling ball with butcher knives and bad knees that we knew about ahead of time."

I hate when I agree with this douche, but I really hope they stay true to their board and fail to find any Gholston's magically lasting 'til the 29th pick.

The Nomination: "Nothing beats a "bowling ball with butcher knives" reference!" Gainzo

Editor's Note:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topic: Moss to Dallas - seriously?

This thread makes me want to hurt myself. The idea that Randy Moss "changed" the Patriots offense in any manner save "transformed it into the greatest juggernaut in the history of professional football" confirms only that Boston fans are far more concerned with their constructed civic image as gritty white overachievers than they are with the actual performance of their teams.

The Nomination: "This has to win. I'm dead ****ing serious. Do you want to die EY??? Huh? Do you? POTW BITCHES!!!" JiF

Editor's Note:

Topic: Jets to Release Thomas Jones

So what? The Jets didn't TRY to get Greene 300 carries, did they?

You know two other guys that had never toted it 300 times before last season? Chris Johnson and Maurice Jones-Drew. Shame we aren't Titans/Jaguars fans, so I could look back at your old posts of "We must get LenDale the ball more" and "Letting Fred Taylor go is a huge mistake".

Thomas Jones is 32 ****ing years old. Who do you TJ supporters think the guy is? Marcus ****ing Allen? RBs fall off cliffs. How anyone could possibly follow the NFL and not catch this observation is beyond me. In the past week, LaDainian Tomlinson and Brian Westbrook, two RBs who in their prime, were INFINITELY better than Thomas Jones, have been released. They've been released because their teams know that they are DONE. And BOTH are younger than Thomas Jones!

Remember the last time we had a 32 year old running back? He was coming off a rushing title at 31 and guess what? He absolutely SUCKED at age 32. He barely averaged 3 yards per carry and he got hurt, something he rarely ever did. But, I guess Thomas Jones is better than Curtis Martin. He won't fall prey to Father Time, like every other RB in NFL history. Oh, no. Fore the Dancing Bear will never stop dancing.

The Nomination: "Argument over." Jetsfan80

Editor's Note:

Topic: happy birthday dr. seuss!!!!!!!!!!!!

dr-seuss-clipart-dr-seuss-clip-art-green-eggs-and-ham-picture-1.gif

The Pig Is Ripe for the Slaughter!

Ooops...wrong forum.:)

The Nomination: "Hahaha... oh, this deserves some sort of bi-polar, multiple personality "I'm paranoid about people forming an alliance against me" private message diatribe that boasts suggestions that completely contradict my own behavior... but instead, I'll just give it a POTW nom. Why not?" Integrity28

Editor's Note:

Topic: Does Yoga work?

Depends.

My office decided to have a yoga instructor come and do classes on site for about 6 months. I figured what the hell... here is how yoga "worked" for me... granted I was 240lbs and very out of shape at the time.

1. I got to see all of my young and milfy co-workers in yoga pants and sports bra's... hard nipples, camel toes and cleavage from in front and behind... if you were having trouble wondering what a co-worker looked like when she bends over and touches her toes without bending her knees... this will fix that.

2. Being the fat guy that everyone likes, I got extra attention. Especially at the end of class when teh instructor gave us massages and special "touching" in the dark for cool down.

3. You will inevitably hear people fart, that you didn't want to hear fart.

4. I can't think of any other scenario in which you can get women to check out your package, without getting into some sort of how water.

5. I got a little more flexible, but also aggravated a neck problem. You have to bow out of certain things if you think a pose will cause more harm than good.

6. The breathing exercises are good, if nothing else, and they helped mellow me out.

7. Yoga, if you commit to it, is without question an amazing workout. My arms, shoulders and chest tightened up quickly... as did my ass and thighs. I carried my weight in my gut at the time, and the yoga didn't do much to help that. Diet.

That's all I've got. I can say, there is something to be said for the mellowing out and full body workout. It did have an impact in the bedroom too... but that could have had something to do with imagining a room full of co-workers with their ankles behind their heads.

The Nomination: "LOL!" T0mShane

Editor's Note:

Topic: Jets Trade with Chargers for CB Cromartie: MERGED

I know you find him as contemptable as I do, almost anyway, but your point is one I brought up earlier in the week - Rhodes seemingly has the least definable accoutability on the D. Whatever his responsibility is on a given play - his sick ego and vaginal fortitude will get him to err on the side of caution in every situation. If his real value in coverage is not to let anybody get behind him - well he's the right guy for that job because he's always (most) far back enough from any action to be juked out of the play.

The Nomination: "well said." drago

Editor's Note:

Topic: KERRY RHODES TRADED!!!!

Rhodes = cancer

Tannenbaum-Ryan combo = chemotherapy

Ryan clearly just wants him out of his locker room at any price. Got to figure he knows what he wants on defense and Rhodes wasn't it.

The Nomination: "As usual, Sperm says in a couple of words what I've been trying to say for weeks in volumes of blahblahblah." T0mShane

Editor's Note:

I'm sure he'll still take pictures with his shirt off for you next year in Arizona. Let the men enjoy this. I get it, I'd be upset for awhile to if we traded away Megan Fox but I'd also realize she had a vagina and didn't belong on an NFL football team. You'll get over it as well.

The Nomination: "the winner" visajets

Editor's Note:

You guys are living in a dream world. The dude got benched this year, has had virtually no production for two years, asks for votes to the pro bowl on his twitter page, misses team activities in the offseason to pursue modeling...The guy is just not a football player.

If you don't think Rex wants to bring the pain all over the field, you are sorely mistaken. Rex wants a punishing defense and you just can't have that when the last man back hits like a half a loaf of bread.

It's addition by subtraction, I wouldn't have been surprised if they cut him after next year (or whenever his contract is up).

I'm pumped whoever we bring in will have an attribute, whether that is hitting, intercepting or blitzing...i could care less...at least he'll have an attribute. Good riddance Fairy Rhodes, we are that much closer to a Super Bowl with him leaving the green and white to men that actually want to play.

The Nomination: "You nailed it bro - it's clear as a bell to me - but the board is made up of all kinds and thats what makes it good. He's a class A fraud with def psych problems but is probably a nice guy. Doesn't mean he belongs on a football field. Good riddance" NJ

Editor's Note:

Topic: Great read from Boston Globe...PATS IN TROUBLE

I love it when Jets' fan answer their own questions.

Go look at the stable of Broncos RBs over the last two decades.

They have a blocking scheme they laregely adhere to season in and season out.

You have great backs like TD that excel and then some who look good inthe Denver system and ok in anything else.

Shon Greene looked good. He looked awesome runnning the ball, but there is a difference coming in when the D has been on the field for 20-30 plays after running the ball only 100+ times during the season and carrying the ball for the 400th plus time.

Shon Greene lookd great in the playoffs and I am not surprised by the Jets' move.

Timmy Smith looked great in a Superbowl but he was JAG in his abbreviated NFL career.

The Nomination: "Good post and insight from the dark side." drago

Editor's Note:

Topic: jets money save 2010

Cutting TJ proves Woody's trying to save money. Sure he's not worth that much, but it's an uncapped year. I mean, if Woody was committed to winning this year above monetary concerns, he wouldn't care if we had the most expensive 3rd string RB in the league as long as he was the best 3rd string RB. Not to mention value as an insurance policy for Greene and Washington. He's obviously given Tanny a budget instead of a blank check.

The Nomination: "well put" johnny green balls

Editor's Note:

No it isn't. Not by a long shot.

1 - Kendall was generally good. A better guard than Rhodes is a safety anyway.

2 - Kendall was also an insurance policy for Mangold since he could play center also. Rhodes doesn't even play special teams, let alone have the ability to slide over to corner if needed.

2 - Kendall was never benched for poor play on the Jets. Rhodes was, even while we were in a late-season playoff hunt.

3 - Kendall was liked by his teammates. Rhodes was not. I'm sure we'll find out more in the coming weeks just how much.

4 - Kendall was liked by his position coach and head coach (until the awful freshman dorm incident to teach a 10+ year vet a "lesson"). Rhodes was such an arrogant cancer he wouldn't even speak to his position coach during the season, if not during a game, at least at one time.

5 - Kendall's main activities off the field were being a husband, parent, and the team's union rep. Rhodes' extracurricular activities were tweeting and trying to become a model or actor. In short, Kendall's off-field activities were chiefly doing for others. Rhodes did for himself. It matters in terms of respect in the locker room.

6 - Kendall was under contract for cheap dollars. His whole year's salary was under $2M. Rhodes was grossly overpaid and had a roster bonus alone of $2M coming up in less than a week.

7 - Kendall fit the Jets offense (or whatever that was in 2007). Rhodes did not fit the Jets defense.

8 - Kendall was traded on August 23rd:

after

the draft

after
free agency was over

after
minicamp and rookie minicamp

after
90% of training camp, which showed first-hand what we had (and what we didn't).

all of
2 weeks
before the first game of the season.

The only similarity is that we didn't acquire a pro-bowl level talent (or draftee) prior to cutting him. Well free agency isn't a week old yet, and the draft isn't for another month and a half. Our first game is 6 months away. Basically there's no shortage of time left.

This is totally different from the Kendall situation.

The Nomination: "Thank you for being able to explain the things I feel in an articulate way cause Christ knows I can't" SayNoToDMC

Editor's Note:

Archived