How excited are you by this year‘s Jets draft?

How exciting was this year‘s Jets draft?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. How exciting was this year‘s Jets draft?

• Definitely the most exciting Jets Draft in years!
    • Very exciting
    • Meh
    • Underwhelming
    • Would have been better scheduling a colonoscopy this weekend

I would say it's a solid B/B+ and not exciting, however it was a very smart draft.  I love Olu and Corley brings a new element to our WR room.  Odunze was an exciting piece but this was still very, very, good.  I like Travis to develop with Rodgers and I think Tyrod may be even more helpful as a similar player.  Braelon Allen is another great element to our RB stable.  Won't put us over the top but we brought in a few good players who should carve out roles.

• Upvote 2

I like the Fashanu and Travis picks a lot but those are 2 players that if all goes according to plan, are sitting and watching this year. Travis definitely, he's simply a developmental pick. 

2 backup RB's who will contribute but are depth pieces.

Corley is the only guy who has a chance to make a real impact in year 1. Fashanu obviously can as well but that only happens if Smith or Moses get hurt or underperform which wouldn't be great. 

I have no issues with anybody the Jets took besides the South Dakota State RB but this feels like a weird approach in a year where you would think the Jets are going all out to win.

Obviously they need the depth with Fashanu because Tyron Smith, as good as he is, never plays a full season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I'm somewhere between Meh and Very Excited.

I think he did a good job on day 1. I'm ok with the Corley pick.

Day 3. Feels like JD and Saleh went out partying Friday night. Joe Douglas came into the office like he was playing with house money and was like **** it. Needed a reminder that the house always wins.

Country Music Poker GIF by Jon Pardi

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

I'm very excited, and I'm someone who did not want an OL in the 1st.

Like the pick or not, I can admit that Olu solves a long-term need.  He's also a guy who has been hyped as a top prospect for over a year, and is one of maybe two guys in this draft who will without a doubt stick at LT.  From everything I've read as well he seems like a high character kid, which is something they put a lot of weight toward when deciding on these kids.  Not the most exciting pick for 2024, but definitely a great "big picture" selection.

Corley will most likely be the biggest immediate impact pick.  On paper he is probably the perfect WR for this team, if you were looking at the depth chart as Garrett-Williams-_____-Lazard.  He's going to be fun to watch.

The RBs are both exciting prospects, with Allen being a guy I've been eyeing for a while now.  If you walk away with a high-end #2 with just one of these guys, I'd call it a win.  

Travis might be my favorite pick.  He's a dude I was looking at as a 2nd rounder pre-injury.  I love everything about his game.  His size and his injury history dropped him to the 5th, but he seems like the type of dude who will work his ass off to prove people wrong.  Getting to learn behind Rodgers for a couple of years is also probably the best situation you could ask for as a mid-round draft pick.  Looking forward to following his development.

Don't know much about the CB other than what's been said on here and on TV when we picked him, but he's at the very least an intriguing pick.  CB will be a need as early as next year, so adding another kid to the pool to develop is smart.  Between him and JBC, hopefully you see at least one of them take that next step.  Another kid I'm looking forward to watching.

Curious to see what we do with the last pick.  No matter what I'm not expecting much, but I do expect every guy we've taken so far to make the final squad.  Even if we add a veteran RB, my guess is Izzy is the one who gets pushed out.  Time will tell though.  Overall a successful draft I'd say.  Well done JD. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

JD does nothing impressive. He makes some good obvious 1st round selections and that’s about it. 

At this point, I’m content to see how it works out, but honestly, expect JD’s firing at year end.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The Olu and Corley approach seemed the right one. Rodgers throws short passes, and Corley will deal with those and replace Lazard next year.  

To watch teams that know what they are doing like the Eagles, Steelers and Chiefs take players that we thought we needed was very frustrating.   It appeared that woody may have been around days 1 and 2, but then JD and team were allowed to outsmart themselves.  We shall see. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JustInFudge said:

Very underwhelming and I like a few picks.  It’s just a draft that screams, we are good.  Which is bonkers.  It’s like they’re legit going into this season with Rodgers fixes all mentality again.  Did they draft a single player they are going to rely on this season?  Who is coming into create competition? 

idk, this is the type of draft you have when you’ve won the division 3 years in a row and not the team with the longest playoff drought in major sports.  

Does it though?  I mean, if you take the opposite approach, who else should they have taken?  They realize if they don’t rethink the offense they’re toast.  So they sign a bunch of OL, draft a true LT of the future, draft a physical wr who mimics what SF has with deebo (remember that) and 2 rbs who can protect leads.  Who else plays this year?  A 5th round wr?  A guard?  

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Great draft.  Joe D knocked another one out of the park.

He’s had 1 good draft in 5 years.   What park are you talking about?  JD is not a good GM. No one wants him after he gets fired.  His record sucks cock.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

was pretty meh but I do really like the Corley and Allen picks also intrigued by the Stiggers pick.  As the season gets going we may not see much of them except Corley and maybe more of Allen as season goes on.  I can see Allen being used a lot in short yardage and as FB he seems to excel in pass protection which is the biggest hurdle for any RB.

18 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I stopped caring years ago. One pick will probably be good but not great, another one might start and if they’re lucky another might be on the team in 3 years. Oh yay!

JD is awful.   It’s apparent.  

• Ugh 1

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

was pretty meh but I do really like the Corley and Allen picks also intrigued by the Stiggers pick.  As the season gets going we may not see much of them except Corley and maybe more of Allen as season goes on.  I can see Allen being used a lot in short yardage and as FB he seems to excel in pass protection which is the biggest hurdle for any RB.

What happens if breece misses time?  Their rbs last year besides him sucked and they know it.  That’s why they doubled down today.  They had no physical rbs and they’re changing it.  

• Upvote 4

Meh

fashanu fell to us  no brainer

no clue on the YAC king how will his game playout in the NFL he's the key to this draft

others are lunch pail picks someone to pickup the blitz and a CFL safety convert?

and a QB we may never hear from again 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

What happens if breece misses time?  Their rbs last year besides him sucked and they know it.  That’s why they doubled down today.  They had no physical rbs and they’re changing it.  

I liked the Allen pick actually.  Dont know much about Davis other than what I saw in that highlight tape but we see. 

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Does it though?  I mean, if you take the opposite approach, who else should they have taken?  They realize if they don’t rethink the offense they’re toast.  So they sign a bunch of OL, draft a true LT of the future, draft a physical wr who mimics what SF has with deebo (remember that) and 2 rbs who can protect leads.  Who else plays this year?  A 5th round wr?  A guard?  

I would have preferred moving UP in the draft and picking 4-5 higher rated prospects instead of punting on the fourth round and stockpiling later picks to be used on questionable selections and insane tradebacks... As much as I like grabbing Travis, I'd rather have another WR or 2, Maybe an OG to help THIS year.

But that's just me.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1