Not That It Matters But Why Did The Jets Not get a 9th practice squad guy this year?

jetsrule128

Last Year they had the international tight end IIRO LUOTO

not that he ever played but it is good to have an extra guy in practice each week

so now i find out 16 teams get an extra member of the practice squad

For 2008 a record number of 16 players from 7 countries will join up with teams from across the league.

United Kingdom (5)

Jermaine Allen - New Orleans Saints

The 24 year old, 6'0, 230lb Running Back previously spent the 2007 season on the Chicago Bears' practice squad.

Scored a 33 yard TD run for the Hamburg Sea Devils as they won World Bowl XV. Spent 2006 and 2007 with the Sea Devils recording a total of 179 rushing yards for 4 Touchdowns. Spent 2006 with the Amsterdam Admirals.

Marvin Allen - Pittsburgh Steelers

25 year old 5'10, 185lb Wide Receiver returns for his second spell at the Steelers having spent the 2006 season there.

Spent 2007 with the Miami Dolphins in 2007, Four NFLE seasons - 2005 and 2006 at the Frankfurt Galaxy and 2006 and 2007 with the Rhein Fire.

Jason Brisbane - San Diego Chargers

24 year old 238lb Linebacker was the 2004 British American Football League player of the year.

Holds numerous London Blitz records including Longest Int return (88 yards) and 7 blocked kicks.

Aden Durde - Kansas City Chiefs

28 year old 6'1, 240lb Linebacker spent 2005 as member of the Carolina Panthers but left after testing positive for a banned steroid on August 1st 2005.

Five seasons in NFLE - 2003 and 2004 at the Scottish Claymores while 2005, 2006 and 2007 at the Hamburg Sea Devils.

Shaun Smith - Carolina Panthers

26 year old Linebacker has spent two years in NFLE, 2006 for the Rhein Fire and 2007 for the Berlin Thunder.

Mexico (5)

Eduardo Casta

Not That It Matters But Why Did The Jets Not get a 9th practice squad guy this year?

I think it has to do with the fact that NFL Europe is over. Something like for every guy you allocate to Europe, you were allwoed one extra Practice Squad guy. But dont take that to the bank

I think it has to do with the fact that NFL Europe is over. Something like for every guy you allocate to Europe, you were allwoed one extra Practice Squad guy. But dont take that to the bank

i think the afc east did not want to do it

The players will be selected and assigned to teams in the AFC North, AFC West, NFC South and NFC West in time for training camp. Participating players will be announced in mid-July.

Archived