Some quick thoughts

JetsMan57

As already stated astutley by another poster No Jenkins equals a Long season. Better hope he is okay. With him in there we were stuffing the chargers running game, once he left our D went back to looking like the last two years. He is the second most important player on this team. Jenkins is so good teams are not even running the ball very much when he is in the game, they pass most of the time, wait until we sub in pouha, then run. He's a beast. I hope its nothing serous.

Other than that, Lastnight was a tough spot for the Jets but the performance is unacceptable and really embarrassing on a national level considering all the hype wer received after the favre trade.

Schottenheimer sucks, this guy doesnt want to establish a running game for nothing. If he wont do it when he has a QB getting acclimated to the offense he never will. He treats the running game like its a damn inconvenience. His play calling has no flow, ryhme or reason. Why the fark are we running play action on 3rd and 4? Who exactly are you fooling with that genius? The defense is playing pass all the way.

Great to see we wait until we are down 24 to put Brett in the spread offense where he operates at his best. I wonder if our coaches even bothered watched any GB film after we got Favre or if the control freak mangini just wants to cram him into his system. Hopefully the 2nd half was a blessing in disguise. Brett needs to play in 4 and 5 wide sets. Very simple.

3rd down defense sucks, but it seems thats always the case no matter who the heck the coach or the players are.

For the record I had no problem with the onside kick, the play was right there, wallace wright has to catch the ball, it ws right in his hands. Its that simple.

I cant help but start to get a bad feeling about this season....

As already stated astutley by another poster No Jenkins equals a Long season. Better hope he is okay. With him in there we were stuffing the chargers running game, once he left our D went back to looking like the last two years. He is the second most important player on this team. Jenkins is so good teams are not even running the ball very much when he is in the game, they pass most of the time, wait until we sub in pouha, then run. He's a beast. I hope its nothing serous.

Other than that, Lastnight was a tough spot for the Jets but the performance is unacceptable and really embarrassing on a national level considering all the hype wer received after the favre trade.

Schottenheimer sucks, this guy doesnt want to establish a running game for nothing. If he wont do it when he has a QB getting acclimated to the offense he never will. He treats the running game like its a damn inconvenience. His play calling has no flow, ryhme or reason. Why the fark are we running play action on 3rd and 4? Who exactly are you fooling with that genius? The defense is playing pass all the way.

Great to see we wait until we are down 24 to put Brett in the spread offense where he operates at his best. I wonder if our coaches even bothered watched any GB film after we got Favre or if the control freak mangini just wants to cram him into his system. Hopefully the 2nd half was a blessing in disguise. Brett needs to play in 4 and 5 wide sets. Very simple.

3rd down defense sucks, but it seems thats always the case no matter who the heck the coach or the players are.

For the record I had no problem with the onside kick, the play was right there, wallace wright has to catch the ball, it ws right in his hands. Its that simple.

I cant help but start to get a bad feeling about this season....

IMO that was a bad call, the Jets just scored and turned around and gave SD a short field, which they took advantage of and scored. If the Jets D was playing them tougher then I would have no issue with this play, but that wasn't the case.

Archived