That was the pefect way to lose

drago

As many have stated, the Jets were not supposed to walk into San Diego and beat them. That has been an elite team for a while now and we are starting a new QB. Had the Jets entered the game with a four leaf clover we could have pulled out a victory, there is no doubt in my mind.

What i loved about this loss was that Favre got to air it out for virtually an entire half. He got to throw to Stuckey, Smith, Cotch, Keller, Baker, Coles and Leon on multpile occassions. What more could we ask for? I bet right now Favre is sitting at home thinking about his favorite targets or adjusting to game film on how Chansi runs a route as opposed to Coles.

How many attempts did he have? Near 50 i believe and that is all we could ask for. What if we had lost 20 to 17 and Favre was told to play game manager like he did against New England? He would still know next to nothing about his receiving corps and we STILL would have had a big L in the newspaper.

Favre got to air it out. He made plenty of mistakes and so did his receivers but now he has film on it, he has a feeling for it and will be ready to improve even further after the Cards and the bye week.

I could care less about the score, i'm happy as a pig in **** that Favre got that many pass attempts.

They only way is up from here.

(go easy on my pat's trolls, i'm still young)

We collapse the pocket fine enough to force enough damn 3rd and outs; usually it's been giving opposing teams 3rd and close to 8 or so, which forces them to throw it. Due to the lack of pass rush, and i don't have the stats to back this up, but i would imagine we are at the bottom of the league in defense on 3rd downs.

I will also like to point out that it's not like their receivers were just flat out open all day; i forget which touchdown it was, but someone flat out tripped on their own feet leaving their man wide open in the endzone. The blown coverage to chambers following the pick or fumble was just that, blown coverage..I'm not sure who's fault it was, but i would imagine it was barret's as he was getting used to playing the safety position. THe touchdown to gates over lowery; lowery was absolutely all over him, but rivers made an absolute perfect throw..not to mention the little push off gates had didn't hurt as well.

Yes, our pass rush definitely needs to pick it up, especially on 3rd down, but besides for some just blown coverages I think our dbacks did a pretty good job.

We collapse the pocket fine enough to force enough damn 3rd and outs; usually it's been giving opposing teams 3rd and close to 8 or so, which forces them to throw it. Due to the lack of pass rush, and i don't have the stats to back this up, but i would imagine we are at the bottom of the league in defense on 3rd downs.

I will also like to point out that it's not like their receivers were just flat out open all day; i forget which touchdown it was, but someone flat out tripped on their own feet leaving their man wide open in the endzone. The blown coverage to chambers following the pick or fumble was just that, blown coverage..I'm not sure who's fault it was, but i would imagine it was barret's as he was getting used to playing the safety position. THe touchdown to gates over lowery; lowery was absolutely all over him, but rivers made an absolute perfect throw..not to mention the little push off gates had didn't hurt as well.

Yes, our pass rush definitely needs to pick it up, especially on 3rd down, but besides for some just blown coverages I think our dbacks did a pretty good job.

Good post!

Our pass rush was MIA last night. The Chargers converted 69%. Several miscommunication in the defensive secondary but overall Rveis showed he is a true shutdown corner and Lowery covered well and showed some ball skills but to his credit Rivers made some very nice throws.

Eric Smith tripped over the goal line. I was looking for a flag for a personal foul on the goal line, but it looks like the goal line got away with one there. Smith will need to be more aware of the goal lines and all yardage markers for that matter in the future.

Not sure who blew the TD to Chambers, let's just say they all did. I don't know if it was the defensive coverage calls or the players themselves, but receivers were getting wide open all night. What type of zone D has NOBODY covering underneath stuff on 3rd and long. It seemed like every Dback would drop back 20 yards down field and Rivers would hit a guy on a short crossing route with nobody on D even within the tv screen. Absurd!

As for Lowery on Gates, he was all over Gates. The problem is he has to know to trun his head around sooner. He was late on turning his head to locate the ball which is why it got past him. He'll make that play more often than not with some experience.

Archived