Sat-Rangers open NHL season

faba

Didn't watch the game today due to Football but glad to be 2-0 with 4 points. \:D/

whats great about you guys being 2-0 is when the delusional ranger fans say how good the rangers are, and how lundqvist is gonna win the vezina, and how the rangers are a lock for the cup.

but look at the standings, you guys are atop the eastern conference, better take a picture because its not gonna last past the weekend and you wont even see it again.

the real NY team opens up friday.

whats great about you guys being 2-0 is when the delusional ranger fans say how good the rangers are, and how lundqvist is gonna win the vezina, and how the rangers are a lock for the cup.

but look at the standings, you guys are atop the eastern conference, better take a picture because its not gonna last past the weekend and you wont even see it again.

the real NY team opens up friday.

Holy crap you're delusional.

Keep telling yourself you support the real New York team. Let me know when you pass out a team in attendance ratings. Take a picture of it for me. :rl:

Who the hell is saying that the Rangers are a lock for the cup? We beat Tampa, who sucked last year. The only one that's picturing Rangers fans like this is you. All I know is our team is leaps and bounds better than anything that'll come out of the craphole that is Long Island.

Keep telling yourself you support the real New York team. Let me know when you pass out a team in attendance ratings. Take a picture of it for me. :rl:

Who the hell is saying that the Rangers are a lock for the cup? We beat Tampa, who sucked last year. The only one that's picturing Rangers fans like this is you. All I know is our team is leaps and bounds better than anything that'll come out of the craphole that is Long Island.

Rangers should be in the finals. The eastern conference sucks.

But it will be great when the Rangers fail to live up to expectations.

the garden sells out all the time, because of corporations. most of the people in those seats are wearing suits just enjoying a game, and not being a real fan. you wont find a suit at the coliseum, you will only find 16,000 die hards, not half die hards and half buisness men.

if you guys are sooooo much better than what comes out of the so called "craphole" why do we always win the season series each year? the only reason the islanders didnt compete for a playoff spot in the last 2 weeks of the season last year, was because our whole defense got hurt. islanders have more talent then your aging team.

Rangers should be in the finals. The eastern conference sucks.

But it will be great when the Rangers fail to live up to expectations.

yup. every year they think there gonna win the cup, and they fail. at least isles fans dont have too high of expectations going into the year. but this year I expect a 6th seed, and a trip to round 2.

yup. every year they think there gonna win the cup, and they fail. at least isles fans dont have too high of expectations going into the year. but this year I expect a 6th seed, and a trip to round 2.

Once again, who the hell are you talking about? Find a poster on the board that thinks we're going to win the cup. You're putting words in my mouth, and the mouths of thousands of other Rangers fans.

If anything, you're the one with the high expectations. Most Islanders fans I know believe anything above last place in the league is a success. This sentiment is reflected by the man you just quoted, by the way.

6th seed?

Round 2?

We'll be lucky to be 12th in the conference. Any sniff of the playoffs will be a success.

This team wont improve until Wang-er gets his lighthouse project. If he doesnt, bye bye islanders. But we wont see any major moves or any chance of competing until then.

Once again, who the hell are you talking about? Find a poster on the board that thinks we're going to win the cup. You're putting words in my mouth, and the mouths of thousands of other Rangers fans.

If anything, you're the one with the high expectations. Most Islanders fans I know believe anything above last place in the league is a success. This sentiment is reflected by the man you just quoted, by the way.

War- Not here, but I have seen quite a few predictions from hockey people with the Rangers in the finals. Not winning them, but at least in them...

And yes... the islanders will be lucky not to be the worst team in the conference... we're playing for the #1 pick next year.

I never said on this board people are making those predictions.

I never said on this board people are making those predictions.

There's bound to be an Islanders fan who thinks they are going to win the Stanley Cup this year. What's your point?

What I'm trying to say is you're making extremely broad generalizations based on a few wacko 14 year olds that I'm guessing you know. There's no need for it and the stereotyping, if you will, has proven an ineffective means of describing Rangers fans in general.

There's bound to be an Islanders fan who thinks they are going to win the Stanley Cup this year. What's your point?

What I'm trying to say is you're making extremely broad generalizations based on a few wacko 14 year olds that I'm guessing you know. There's no need for it and the stereotyping, if you will, has proven an ineffective means of describing Rangers fans in general.

its not 14 year olds who claim the rangers will win the cup. Its the same people who got happy about the rangers chances last year are still all beyond happy, because they think drury and gomez will do a lot better and that naslund and zheredev will revive there careers, andthat redden is the top D player.

its not 14 year olds who claim the rangers will win the cup. Its the same people who got happy about the rangers chances last year are still all beyond happy, because they think drury and gomez will do a lot better and that naslund and zheredev will revive there careers, andthat redden is the top D player.

So if it's only one minor group of Rangers fans, why do you treat it like all Rangers fans behave in that manner? You are talking about extreme optimists, a group that I and many other Rangers fans aren't a part of. I haven't been optimistic since the lockout. Some Rangers fans might believe what you're saying, but it has absolutely no bearing on this thread or any other NHL threads on this board because these people aren't rearing their heads on JN. When I see them, it will be a valid point to bring up. Until then, what's the point of talking about them here?

Archived