Simmons on Manny

Thor99

I want to see what team beats the $15 million the Sawx would've payed Ramirez in both 2009 and 2010(when he's 37 and 38) under their options.

The one thing the media and Simmons here doesn't seem to get; you do not hire Boras to be be happy. You hire him to get every last dime you possibly can as a free agent. This whole Manny being the fun-loving free spirit meme is crap. He's as greedy as anyone, though there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, it's just reality. And that is why he hired Boras. The one indisputable good thing you can say about Alex Rodriguez he realized, if belatedly, that Boras is about every last penny, nothing more. "Happiness" or whatever that is not a consideration. So when Ramirez signs with a big market team paying top dollar, don't be surprised when all this "LA is wonderful" gibberish is quickly forgotten. Unless of course the Dodgers or Angels are writing those checks.

You can blame Boras all you want, but Manny basically admitted he dogged it to get out of Boston. That's just bush league no matter what. He has zero respect for the game.

I understand he's a great hitter. But I also think he's a punk.

The real interesting day will be his HOF induction. If I'm the Sox I don't even show.

You can blame Boras all you want, but Manny basically admitted he dogged it to get out of Boston. That's just bush league no matter what. He has zero respect for the game.

I understand he's a great hitter. But I also think he's a punk.

The real interesting day will be his HOF induction. If I'm the Sox I don't even show.

No one on the Sox or Mlb cares what you think.

Simmons needs to move back to Boston. As much as he sees stuff on TV and talks to his friends in Boston he will never know what went down this season with Manny.

Love? Did Simmons actually admit he loved Manny? That's sad, very sad.

I liked Manny and he gave me many a laugh (and Jerry Remy as well) and many a game changing hit or HR. He also pissed me off when he refused to run out a ground ball or jogged out of the batters box when he thought he hit a HR (turning a sure double into a single).

I'm not even going to discuss the routine plays he messed up in the field or his behaviour against Youk, the traveling secretary & his teammates this season.

One of the best hitters in the game & also one of the biggest headcases ever.

For those Yankees fans who want him on the team it's not going to happen. Cashman is too smart for that.

If Manny ends up in pinstripes it will be because of Hank & it will also prove that Manny is all about the $$.

Simmons needs to move back to Boston. As much as he sees stuff on TV and talks to his friends in Boston he will never know what went down this season with Manny.

Love? Did Simmons actually admit he loved Manny? That's sad, very sad.

I liked Manny and he gave me many a laugh (and Jerry Remy as well) and many a game changing hit or HR. He also pissed me off when he refused to run out a ground ball or jogged out of the batters box when he thought he hit a HR (turning a sure double into a single).

I'm not even going to discuss the routine plays he messed up in the field or his behaviour against Youk, the traveling secretary & his teammates this season.

One of the best hitters in the game & also one of the biggest headcases ever.

For those Yankees fans who want him on the team it's not going to happen. Cashman is too smart for that.

If Manny ends up in pinstripes it will be because of Hank & it will also prove that Manny is all about the $$.

The guy is a great hitter. But when you think it's okay to go shoving an old guy about a ticket request and treat running out ground balls as beneath you, there's some problems. How does his next team justify that kind of stupidity? If you pay someone $20 million, that kind of silliness is not going to fly.

Again, knock A-rod and Jeter all you want. But both play hard inside the lines no matter what.

Albert Belle was a great hitter too. But when that talent faded-as it invariably does in any player's late 30s and early 40-he was out fo MLB very quickly. Ramirez is 36.No one is paying top dollar when .300/45/120 turns into .270/17/65 when you're an a-hole.

Archived