Cablevision SUCKS

PhinHater

:P

I switched to FiOS as soon as the TV service became available in my neighborhood (~15 months ago) and have no complaints. As many problems as I've had with Verizon in the past (through work mostly), the service is much better than Cablevision IMO.

Eff the Dolans.

Picture is so much better too. We used to have it, but my pops wasn't pleased with the phone service. Switched back to iO, it blows. I got Brighthouse down here in Tampa, same **** as iO, awful and no NFL network.

Does Fios have the MOJO channel yet? That was the only thing it was missing.

They might still offer an On Demand service for those shows, not sure...

I never really watched it, but knowing the premise of the show, was quite envious of the host of Three Sheets.

Yeah, it would be a sweet job. Theres no way that show doesn't get picked up somewhere. Travel channel or something like that.

Verizon Fios sucks.They drill all kinds of holes in your home.Cut any wire that isnt theirs.Then bill you for services you never recieved or ordered.Besides there door to door salesmen are PIAs. Cablevision needs to offer an NFL package or I will soon get a dish.

The guy that did my FiOS install was about 100x more knowledgeable than any cable or satellite installer I've ever dealt with. No unnecessary drilling (just to mount the ONT) and he asked me if I wanted him to leave the old POTS line and the network interface - I told him no, because I can't ever see going back to a POTS line, as I will either keep FiOS or go to a VOIP solution. It's all a matter of who shows up at your house.

You want to talk about a PITA? How about the sleazy used-car salesman that was stalking my house after I canceled my Cablevision service? He had come to my door once trying to get me to sign back up and then a couple of weeks later, he was literally in his car, waiting for me to come home and then "greeted" me as I was walking toward my front door.

The guy that did my FiOS install was about 100x more knowledgeable than any cable or satellite installer I've ever dealt with. No unnecessary drilling (just to mount the ONT) and he asked me if I wanted him to leave the old POTS line and the network interface - I told him no, because I can't ever see going back to a POTS line, as I will either keep FiOS or go to a VOIP solution. It's all a matter of who shows up at your house.

You want to talk about a PITA? How about the sleazy used-car salesman that was stalking my house after I canceled my Cablevision service? He had come to my door once trying to get me to sign back up and then a couple of weeks later, he was literally in his car, waiting for me to come home and then "greeted" me as I was walking toward my front door.

Nope I had the complete opposite here in N.J. No thanks Verizon Fios I like my wires and my house not drillled like swiss cheese.Ive seen there work.

Recently dumped DirecTv for Verizon FIOS. And so far, so good. DirecTv went from a very responsive service provider to indifferent over the 10 years we used them.Who knows-give it a few years, I may be writing the same thing about Verizon.

2 things happened which led to our terminating the service.First, interruptions that weren't weather-related became a recurring feature. Second, while the NFL Sunday Ticket had beena primary reason for buying it, it wasn't a good deal any more, and there is only so much NFL anyone can watch. Also, with Sunday, Monday, Thursday, CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN and the NFL Network all showing games, there's less reason to buy Sunday Ticket. Even watching Herman Edwards make a mess gets old. FIOS carries the NFLN as an HD channel. In essence, the NFL has cannibalized it's own product at DirecTv's expense. As per my friend who works for Verizonit will be bid on and then all bets are off.

What I have notice though is once again Cablevision/Dolan has declined to allow MSG to be broadcast in HD on FIOS. In fact, they have an ad running on Rangers games with "Smarmy Stubble Guy" explaining FIOS doesn't have HD NBA and NHL sports broadcasts while Optimum/Cablevsion does. As you know, Cablevison played games with the Rangers, and YES for years.For a long time Dolan didn't allow DTV to have the MSG HD broadcasts until last season.

Clearly Dolan/Cablevision views FIOS as a serious threat. From what I've been told by several Verizon employees, Verizon is so confident they have a superior product that until shown otherwise they will not generally offer discounted programming to new susbcribers. And so far, I am impressed with FIOS.

Dolan never gives up. I could you use profanity here, but you get the point. Suffice to say I and many Rangers fans will now be watching blurry Rangers broadcasts on primo HD TVs. What a nunch of scum.

Archived