Accepting all comments - who would you take?

Sperm Edwards

I'm in another league & have the #3 pick. League is:

12 teams/18 rounds

9 starters: 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1K/1DST

Passing 1 pt/20 yds, 4 pts TD

Rush/Rec 1 pt/10 yds, 6 pts TD

If 1-2 go Tomlinson-Alexander, who would you take?

Priest Holmes: very injury prone (to the point where it's virtually a sure thing that he will get injured at some point), 32 yrs old, harder schedule this year (starting with us), LJ chomping at the bit for playing time & will likely vulture a lot of garbage-time yds/TD's, would likely require pissing away my 5th-rounder on LJ. That being said, it's tough to pass on a guy who had 15 TD's in 6 full games & two half-games.

Peyton Manning: I just don't like taking a QB this early. If he doesn't have a season close to last year's, it's poor value this early. (I could get a QB who gets 17-18 ppg in the 7th round) If I could get a "guaranteed" 4500 yds & 40+ TD's I guess I'd do it. Overall has a very favorable FF schedule.

Edgerrin James: An extra 6" here or there on a couple of goal-line carries last year & he gets 5 more TD's & my decision is easier. But 9 TD's isn't very much for the #3 pick, no matter what the yardage. Good overall schedule though.

or any others

Accepting all opinions.

Think you have top go Peyton. The dropoff between him and the other QBs you might get in rounds 2 or 3 is substantial, while the RB you figure get in the 2nd round (Tiki, Jordan, Dillon)isn't as dramatic a dropoff from Holmes/James .

Or you could hope that 1 and 2 wet the bed and go for Peyton, making your decision for you.

Archived