O's acquire Hill from Cubs for player to be named

JetNation

Hopefully, it's Felix Pie.

Remember last year, when Hill and Pie were "untouchable" and Hendry wouldn't trade them for Brian Roberts? Good thing we waited so we could get minor league scraps for them. Oh, and Aaron ****ing Heilman.

On the surface it looks like Hendry is just giving away guys with reasonable talent. But I think Marquis was figured not to make the starting rotation so why not let him go play elsewhere and the Pie and Hill jettisons have got to be largely due to those guys not being able to show enough promise in the bigs to hang on to them. Hill's options were gone and he had sincere control issues - like Rick Ankiel style flat losing it.

Pie was never going to hit his way out of a paper bag IMHO and his superstar defense and speed turned out to be problems for him in the show.

Wuertz is the guy I'm sorry to see go because he looked good to very good more than he looked bad. They're saying none of these pitchers would have made the 40 man let alone spent any good time up.

Lets remember this if Samardzjia is a 12 point in July and Heilman has let up more homers than he has innings pitched. I know where to find Hendry Troll - we can go f'k him up.

I know why the Cubs are doing it, but it seems silly to me that they just let 2 pretty talented players in Pie and Hill go to the Orioles for seemingly little in return. I like this deal for the Orioles, Hill was a good #2-3 starter when he was on his game from 06-07. One bad year and he's thrown at the side despite quite a large amount of upside. I was hoping the Mets would take an Oliver Perez-like gamble on him.

Heard today the Hill deal came down with a lot of input from Lou who has a very low tolerance for guys that cant throw strikes.

Good news is the quality of the player named later is contingent on how Hill does with the O's.

Archived